iOS app requiring purchase for remote play?

axy

I've been testing and loving emby for the last few days. Successfully set up a remote server as well, which works on all my browsers and my android devices. I've even gave access to two of my friends, inviting them to create their emby accounts and inciting them to be guest accounts for my emby server.

One of them were successfull with all this. This friend is using android. Everyting works, including remote play, without additional payments.

However, iOS friend sent me a screenshot where emby is asking for an "unlock" fee to work as a remote streaming app - is this normal?

If not then please let me know what am I (or my friend) may be doing wrong here that pops up this payment windows for remote play.

If this is how the behavior of the ios specific app, then I would like to know why there is this payment for ios devices but not android.

Android is actually the same way, it's possible that other person has unlocked before with another server. If that's not the case then we're happy to investigate further to give you a specific reason why they're not seeing it, but that's the most likely reason.

None of them unlocked, I'm sure. I also installed emby on my android device and streaming remotely without any issues for the last day or so. (I'm not premiere, or paid nothing so far.)

I will have to do some testing to see if there's possibly a recent defect that is allowing that, but no, that's not intended.

Right but are they playing the content on the device, or are they casting to something like Chromecast? They can cast to Chromecast without the unlock.

To play on the device requires the purchase.

Ok yes, then a one time unlock is required for both Android and iOS, or you need Emby Premiere and they'll never see the unlock.

I will do some testing to get to the bottom of why you're not seeing the unlock. Thanks.

Hm, even though I don't want to break the working devices ( I mean, fix ) I still do want to help you.

Is there anything I can provide for this?

Are you sure they're using an app called Emby for Android, and it was installed from the Google Play Store?

yes I just created a test account, and installed it on another android device. New account is called axytest, and it can just stream.

The app is Emby for Android, that's right