Auto Organize being too aggressive

JarvisTek

JarvisTek

Recently switched to running Emby on Ubuntu Server. I've got several mounts, among them, a share from a Windows 10 hosting NextPVR that I use to record TV shows. Auto Organize is set to run every 15 minutes and to move files from that directory to a local one (/tv). Unfortunately this results in a copied file between 1 and 14 minutes long getting created/moved to the /tv folder, except the recording keeps going. Then, once everything is finished recording, it can't move the file since there's already a copy (I don't want to overwrite already recorded shows because sometimes the guide screws up and it tries to record an episode as the wrong one). Long story short, it seems to not respect Windows file locks. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Hi there @@JarvisTek, have you explored Scheduled Tasks to see how you might be able to adjust the auto-organize scheduled task?

While we're here I'd like to point out that auto-organize is a community addition, and contributions are welcome and encouraged. the source code for the plugin can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize

Thanks !

JarvisTek

I have, but I determined that it would more "gloss over" the issue, rather than fix it. I'll take a look at some point and see if anything pops out at me. I mostly python, so we'll see if I can make anything of it.