3.2.40 strange behaviour on app streaming

costan

Hello,

i update my emby from 3.2.26 to 3.2.40 and noticed some weirdness on streaming from apps.

I also switched from a Nexus 5 to a Xiaomi MI A1 in the meantime, and I genuinely believed it was the new mobile as culprit.

But some of my users who did not change their devices, informed me that Live TV streaming was not working most of the times, and during investigation I found the following exception in Emby logs:

[...]

2017-12-05 00:42:14.118 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.2.40.0
        Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath
 /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
        Operating system: Unix 2.6.32.696
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: False
        Mono: 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.7/08fd525 Tue Nov 29 22:31:02 UTC 2016)
        Processor count: 2
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
        Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
        System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
          at System.Nullable`1[T].get_Value () [0x0000b] in <8f2c484307284b51944a1a13a14c0266>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Model.Dlna.StreamBuilder.IsAudioEligibleForDirectPlay (MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.MediaSourceInfo item, System.Nullable`1[T] maxBitrate, MediaBrowser.Model.Session.PlayMethod playMethod) [0x00082] in <e8c9c4f774eb4700a28a26caca05640c>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Model.Dlna.StreamBuilder.IsEligibleForDirectPlay (MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.MediaSourceInfo item, System.Nullable`1[T] maxBitrate, MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.MediaStream subtitleStream, MediaBrowser.Model.Dlna.VideoOptions options, MediaBrowser.Model.Session.PlayMethod playMethod) [0x0006a] in <e8c9c4f774eb4700a28a26caca05640c>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Model.Dlna.StreamBuilder.BuildVideoItem (MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.MediaSourceInfo item, MediaBrowser.Model.Dlna.VideoOptions options) [0x0011d] in <e8c9c4f774eb4700a28a26caca05640c>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Model.Dlna.StreamBuilder.BuildVideoItem (MediaBrowser.Model.Dlna.VideoOptions options) [0x00076] in <e8c9c4f774eb4700a28a26caca05640c>:0
[...]

This logs appear anytime one of the devices tries to open a livetv channel from app, and the app stays spinning, no video starts.

Apparently browser seems to work way better, but I've a limited number of tests from my users (they are not very computer-wise).

Livetv is sourced by a locally hosted TVHeadend installation.

I upgraded using a repository yum update, maybe the mono->.net change needed something stronger?

Thanks and ciao,
A.

Hi,

I am also seeing this error though it is with files, not LiveTV, and I was also experiencing it on an earlier version as well, I believe 3.2.36. The files in question requires transcoding both locally and externally, but plays without error locally. I have some other media that also requires transcoding but does not exhibit this behaviour.

As I was typing this post I was going to provide the media info from the bottom of the page of one of the files when I noticed that it didn't have any information. I force refreshed the meta data for the file and tried to play the file again on my phone on data (external) using the Emby app and it played. I am not sure if that would or could be possible for your situation since I do not use the LiveTV feature but I thought it was worth mentioning. Confirmed resolved with another external user after force update.