Duration missing in all files

Schark

Hi,

in the other thread I opened (Link) we narrowed it down that the issues I am facing with missing resume points is not client related but because Emby server does not find duration. 

I have an unraid server (running unpaid 6.3.5) and as docker I installed Emby Server (version 3.2.40.0) and Emby for Kodi Sync Queue Plugin 2.0.0.0

Within unpaid I have a folder "movies adults”, “movies kids”, “series adults” and “series kids”. 

I just learnt that Emby using ffprobe which is part to ffmpeg. I posted also a server log in the other thread.

But how do I find out why ffprobe is not recognising the duration from the matroska containers?

can you try refreshing one of these titles from the web app detail screen. if the issue persists then please attach the server log from that, thanks.

can you try refreshing one of these titles from the web app detail screen. if the issue persists then please attach the server log from that, thanks.

I tried it for several movies, and it never worked. Attached is the log file. 

btw, I can remember that I used to see the ffmpeg version being used. But I cannot find that anymore. Is it just bad memory or is it somewhere in the web interface?

EDIT: Added the ffmpeg log file 

Log.txt

Log-2.txt

Edited by Schark

Is this the docker from our .net core testing area?

ohm, I am not sure what that means.

I have tried already two different kind of dockers. First the one which I assume the official one (Link) and then one which is done by a user named binhex (Link)

Result for both is  / was the same. 

Ok, so the issue is that whatever ffmpeg build is being supplied, it needs to be compiled with SMB support. I am guessing that binhex didn't do that.

Smb support for us is relatively new so our current Docker image doesn't even have it either, however, we have a new image available for testing that does have it (and other new things):

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50012-emby-server-for-net-core/

If you want to try that then feel free, although please make sure to read the footnote. Eventually when we're ready, our official Docker image will be updated based on that testing version. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

what does it mean SMB support is new for you, too. How was it handled before? 

I will give it a try as I can only win. 

before we had native smb support you would have had to mount the smb share to a local path inside the docker container, and then use that local path in emby.

what repository?

Disregard my last reply. It was already pretty late yesterday evening and I installed the beta version of the current server and not the netcore version. 

However later I used the emby/embyserver_netcore repository and installed that. However it did not install automatically the paths between host and container. And the port was also not added. Just to be precise, tonight when I added the netcore version no other emby server was installed. Please see also the screenshot attached. I added two paths for the normal server with the movies. 

And as I am eager to get this somehow working now and to have a little bit of success and fun, I am now going what you described above with the normal version.

Despite that any idea, why the port and the folders were not set up the same way?

post-262686-0-29554900-1512420449_thumb.png

alucryd

@Schark: The new image still uses "/config" as its config directory and is the only mandatory volume. Arbitrary volumes can still be mounted by passing "-v /path/to/share" to the docker run command. Also the ports haven't changed, 8096/tcp, 8920/tcp, 7359/udp and 1900/udp are still defined inside the container, and can be exposed all at once to the host by passing -P, or one by one by passing "-p xxxx:yyyy/zzz" where xxxx is the port on the host, yyyy the port in the container, and zzz the protocol.

What's that interface and how is it launching the container?

This is the web-interface of unraid (Link) I install Docker via that interface and do not use command line. How it is launching the container, I cannot tell you.

For checking if the ports are intalled properly I could check it with telnet if you tell me exactly what the command line is.