Resume video now not showing

dhallam

dhallam

I don't know if anyone has reported this or not but I am no longer getting Resume when I have watched any video then stop like halfway through or even a few minutes. This was working until recently and I am on the Beta updates path, and have recently had the server update. It still works for the films that were set to resume, and they still work if I watch a bit more but any newly watched films it doesn't work.

This is happening on two of my media machines.

if anyone needs any testing or logs just let me know and I will post.

dhallam

I have just done some more testing in the past 10 minutes and I have noticed this this is working on and off and I think I have narrowed it down.

If I try this on any film on my Server (2012) shared via UNC paths via Media browser, that were added a while ago and up to a few weeks ago work fine showing the resume option when lets say 10 minutes in the film.

Now if it try it with some films I have added to the shares this week, like some cartoons I added  and 2 films all of these don't show the resume option when stopped anywhere within the film.

Now the other thing I also noticed was that even if I stop the film 10,20 or 60 minutes in then stop playback it marks the film as watched so I think this may be the issue.

I have checked on the server and its till set to 5% and 90% for the resumed settings.

anyone having the same issues? I have also checked the permissions and everything is set the same.

any testing needed let me know.

cheers

david

Edited by dhallam

• 2 weeks later...
dhallam

I have also noticed that when playing previously added films from a few weeks ago, when they are being played I can see the live time of the current playing film and the total running time in the active connections. But all the newly added films show nothing at all.

keep up the good work guys the work your doing is amazing.

dhallam

This can mow be closed as I resolved this in the server forum, it was an issue with having to manually re run the metadata refresh on new films.

cheers

• 2 months later...
njoak

Since a while back I am also having this is issue in MBT. If a video is stopped half way the play state is not stored so resume does not work, and also it is not marked as watched if played to the end.

It happens for tv episodes as well as movies. In my case the issue resolves if I restart MBT, but after a while (?) it appears again.

I'm on the beta path for both server and MBT.