Request: To Watch List

Lighthammer

wisfalls

Another vote for simple watch list.  Keep current favorites.  That is different from a watch list.  I use favorites for movies I know I will watch more than once.  A watch list would be used to hold things I wanted to watch and not forget about.  It would be removed from list after watching.

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
dragged8202
On 5/2/2023 at 11:13 PM, wisfalls said:

Another vote for simple watch list.  Keep current favorites.  That is different from a watch list.  I use favorites for movies I know I will watch more than once.  A watch list would be used to hold things I wanted to watch and not forget about.  It would be removed from list after watching.

+1, I don't see why this wasn't added years ago, just a basic list of series / movies you add that automatically get removed when you've completed them.

• Agree 2

Junglejim
3 hours ago, dragged8202 said:

+1, I don't see why this wasn't added years ago, just a basic list of series / movies you add that automatically get removed when you've completed them.

Yep I agree with that and there is enough room for this on the home screen (home/favourites/watchlist) links at the top (no need for it to be in the specified library's).

The same goes for favourites, there is no need for that link to be in movies and tv shows library's. Just have the link on the home screen that lists both in one view like it already does.. same goes for watchlist..

That would save on some space for top links in both movies/tv shows. 🙃

Edited by Junglejim
  • Agree 1

rbjtech

Is this not all linked to the 'Recommendations / Top Picks / Featured' type requests ?

Effectively all these are the 'same' but they all have the same fundamental problem - there is no way for a user (non-admin) to create the list in the first place (other than a playlist..)

Until the 3rd party Dev's have the ability to add an item into the menu below ('Add to Watchlist') then this is always going to be a bit of a compromise.

Heck I made my own 'Recommendations' library 'function' 2 years ago by just users adding items into a 'Playlist' as has been suggested earlier in the thread - BUT it's clunky and Playlist permissions are STILL not fully implemented properly.  As you watch the item, it drops off the list - it's effectively a sub-set of a main library.  I think we have Private and Public now - so I may revisit this .. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/99029-personalised-recommendations-library-work-in-progress/#comment-1033255

image.png.179a934533691a939501c95f386333de.png

Edited by rbjtech

Junglejim
31 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Is this not all linked to the 'Recommendations / Top Picks / Featured' type requests ?

Effectively all these are the 'same' but they all have the same fundamental problem - there is no way for a user (non-admin) to create the list in the first place (other than a playlist..)

Until the 3rd party Dev's have the ability to add an item into the menu below ('Add to Watchlist') then this is always going to be a bit of a compromise.

Heck I made my own 'Recommendations' library 'function' 2 years ago by just users adding items into a 'Playlist' as has been suggested earlier in the thread - BUT it's clunky and Playlist permissions are STILL not fully implemented properly.  As you watch the item, it drops off the list - it's effectively a sub-set of a main library.  I think we have Private and Public now - so I may revisit this .. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/99029-personalised-recommendations-library-work-in-progress/#comment-1033255

image.png.179a934533691a939501c95f386333de.png

Favourites are user based and it would be great if a "watchlist" was the same and provided a list of movies and tvshows in the same view the same as favourites.

Top picks is great but that is admin based as you said and provides a totally different function.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
wisfalls

Another vote for a simple watch list.  Items in watch list should automatically be removed from list after watching.  Keeping favorites as is would allow it to be used for it's original purpose, to hold items you want to watch more than once.

I've been waiting for this for a long time.