No sound on file in Android App

smc007i

Hi,

I have a file that the Emby for Android TV app doesn't play the sound on, image is fine. 

Sound works fine for this file on my PC via VLC, sound plays fine when playing direct from Emby via webpage (on the same PC) but on the Emby for Android TV app there is no sound - picture is fine on all.

Codec & Stats from VLC attached if of any use.

Seems odd that the Emby web interface will play it, but the apps doesn't?

S

post-7019-0-75659500-1512210927_thumb.jpg

post-7019-0-44455400-1512210935_thumb.jpg

Edited by smc007i

mastrmind11

The web app is probably transcoding it.  Attach the logs when you try to play it on the Android.

I notice it is an EAC3 track.  What is the connection to the audio equipment?  I don't believe EAC3 can pass over optical if that happens to be what you are using.

My Sony TV running the app is connected via HDMI to a Sony Amp/Subwoofer, but I tried playing the sound out of just the TV speakers and it still didn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

I found that on the Android for TV app if I use the "Playback Correction" action then the sound plays.  I hadn't seen that action before on the app and it's worked every time so far on multiple files.

My guess is that your AVR is not EAC3 and only AC3 capable.  Check you AVR capabilities to confirm.

Also, when you enable Playback Correction, the shield will basically transcode the stream to PCM which will play on just about anything.

My AVR can only go as high as DTS, so I convert down all my media to meet this criteria..  I also usually avoid AC3 and go directly to DTS whenever possible.