No Sound? Perfect Video Xioami Mi Box

chrissach

chrissach

Hi!

Newbie here. Just tried playing my first stream with Xiaomi official Mi BOx. The box says it can handle almost all containers and sound DTS DD etc. THe video plays fine but no sound? It's direct streaming from server. Any help? Thanks!

Not sure that's the case:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53448-mibox-and-dts/

LG UF64540 via HDMI

Perhaps there is a new version or something that identifies itself differently than before.

Since the Mi reports it supports DTS but, in our and pretty much everyone else's experience, it really doesn't, we have to exclude it via logic in the app.  So, if the Mi is identifying itself differently than we think it is, this logic wouldn't work.

Can you please follow the instructions to send a log from the app when you play one of these problem files so I can check it out?

Thanks.

mastrmind11

Perhaps there is a new version or something that identifies itself differently than before.

Since the Mi reports it supports DTS but, in our and pretty much everyone else's experience, it really doesn't, we have to exclude it via logic in the app.  So, if the Mi is identifying itself differently than we think it is, this logic wouldn't work.

Can you please follow the instructions to send a log from the app when you play one of these problem files so I can check it out?

Thanks.

Played Trolls , started approx 6:05 NY time, let it play for 10-15 seconds, then hit playback correction, let it play for 10-15 seconds and stopped it.  User Blake.

Played Trolls , started approx 6:05 NY time, let it play for 10-15 seconds, then hit playback correction, let it play for 10-15 seconds and stopped it.  User Blake.

Can I please see the transcode log from that session?

This may actually be some sort of issue on the server end as the app is requesting a transcode of the audio.  Are you on the beta server?

mastrmind11

Can I please see the transcode log from that session?

This may actually be some sort of issue on the server end as the app is requesting a transcode of the audio.  Are you on the beta server?

I posted some from a previous session that exhibited the behavior in the other thread re this.  Same movie, user, etc, just different time.  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53448-mibox-and-dts/&do=findComment&comment=516759

Ah... You are on .36.  First thing to do is try installing from the website over top of your current server installation to get .40.  There is definitely an issue on the server end here and, hopefully, it is already addressed in the update.

mastrmind11

Ah... You are on .36.  First thing to do is try installing from the website over top of your current server installation to get .40.  There is definitely an issue on the server end here and, hopefully, it is already addressed in the update.

ok, i'll give it a shot.  thanks

mastrmind11

ok updated to .50 (ubuntu 16.04).  same behavior.

played big hero 6 normal, showed remux/l, hit payback correction, same behavior -- no sound.  played trolls, same procedure, same result.

FYI, I don't want to make this a bigger deal than it is.  TBH, I honestly don't care.  The MiBox is a filler, and the fact that it doesn't have (or will ever get) Amazon means it will eventually be replaced w/ nothing or a Shield, and I'll move the box to the master bedroom.  I'm supplying this info in case it matters.  If there are other (and there are) priorities, don't sweat it.  Screenplay works fine and my kids know how to get to it... just trying to unify.

bh-stream.txt

bh-transcode.txt

trolls-stream.txt

trolls-transcode.txt

I really think whatever is going on here is on the server end but I don't know why it is only in this case.  I'll have to get together with Luke on it.

mastrmind11

I really think whatever is going on here is on the server end but I don't know why it is only in this case.  I'll have to get together with Luke on it.

Find anything noteworthy?

george.carstoiu

Hey guys,

Having similar problems casting to a Nexus Player and a Chromecast.

If I leave both selected in the User page:

Allow audio playback that requires transcoding

Allow video playback that requires transcoding

-> then video doesn't even start. Tv shows the picture of the video, but it doesn't start playing

If I unselect:
-> then video and audio is working, but the playback stop every other 10 seconds for 1 second or two, making the viewing impossible

If I unselect both:
-> video plays, but audio doesn't

Added logs from ffmpeg - hope they help.

Hey guys,

Having similar problems casting to a Nexus Player and a Chromecast.

If I leave both selected in the User page:

Allow audio playback that requires transcoding

-> then video doesn't even start. Tv shows the picture of the video, but it doesn't start playing

If I unselect:

-> then video and audio is working, but the playback stop every other 10 seconds for 1 second or two, making the viewing impossible

If I unselect both:

-> video plays, but audio doesn't

Added logs from ffmpeg - hope they help.

Hi.  This is a completely different situation as you are using your NP as a Chromecast.

There are no logs but it looks like your server may just not be able to transcode fast enough.  If you wish to troubleshoot further, please open a new thread in the server forum.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
mastrmind11

Ok, it's been 2 updates and still no change.  I can set the mibox to downmix to stereo which forced transcode, which doesn't help.  I tried auto , pcm, and hdmi from the ATV sounds menu, both w/ stereo downmix enabled and disabled.  Nothing helps.  I've tried playback correction which forces a transcode, and does nothing.  THe client reports a remux from the start which I assume is the Emby implementation work-around considering the limitation of the box and dts, and I'm fine with that.

I'm running .70 now on Docker.

Edited by mastrmind11

mastrmind11

Have you tried the current beta of the app?

I have not.  Is that to say an issue has been identified and fixed in the next release?  or that you're uncertain what might be causing this and the beta might fix it somehow?

I have not identified your specific issue but the current beta has a lot of large-scale changes in the video player so your issue should be tested with it.

Thanks.

• Like 1