kodi plugin - Force transcode x265 is not working

tomimc

Sunabouzu

I've cycled all the options in the add-on settings > video playback > Enable audio/subtitle selection under Transcode. Even restarted Kodi in between.

Perhaps it is something with Emby itself rather than the add-on. At this point I'm just guessing and wasting your time.

I'll get back to you with the log once the Log add-on situation has been resolved.

Angelblue05

You are not wasting my time. What Kodi version are you running?

Can you confirm, the title you were testing has multiple audio tracks/subtitles? You can find that information in the webclient, selecting the title and you should see the media info section.

Edited by Angelblue05

Sunabouzu

I'm on version 17.6 Krypton.

The video file only has one audio track and one subtile. I can arrange to send you the file if you want.

In Emby, does the extract subtile on the fly option to avoid transcoding when possible have any impact on this?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No need to send the file.

The setting does have an impact, but only when you select the subtitles you want. With the setting disabled, it will burn subtitles to the video.

Audio track will select the only one available, but I'll test with only one subtitle and get back to you.

Edited by Angelblue05

Sunabouzu

@@Angelblue05

I can confirm it is working for the affected files. I do not have files with multiple audio or subtitle streams to test though.

Thank you for pursuing this. I'm curious to know if this was an easy fix, e.g. forgetting to handle this particular case?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thank you for confirming it now works and thank you for your patience. When you told me you only had one subtitles, it clicked!

I only have content with multiple subtitles so I didn't pick up on the fact that I accidentally set the logic to be only triggered when there's more than one subtitles, rather than when there's any subtitles. ;)

Anyway, glad it's working.

Edited by Angelblue05

Sunabouzu

It is I who is much appreciated for your investment.

Just a heads-up: if I cancel the subtitle selection dialog I get a notification saying an Emby error has occurred, every single time. I recall it already did that back in the day, so it was more of an annoyance than a showstopper.

Just throwing it out there. Should you decide you want to look into it I can send you another log.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'll test but I don't recall getting that error during previous testing. If you don't mind providing a quick kodi log capturing that error, it would be great. Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05