Emby 'Next Episodes' Widget - Naming Issues

Magic815
Go to solution Solved by Magic815,

Magic815

Hi there -

I currently use the Emby addon in Kodi, and am having an issue with the TV Shows 'Next Episodes' widget showing too much information in the episode naming.

This is what the 'Next Episodes' widget shows.

This is what the 'Recently Added Episodes' widget shows.

Is there anything I can do to get a more natural naming in the 'Next Episodes' widget? I don't want it to say "WEBDL" or "720p" in the title. And yes, my file names do contain the "WEBDL" and "720p" type info on my computer, but Emby and Kodi are able to properly ignore those parts of the file naming when showing media in other widgets, or anywhere else inside their apps.

Any help is appreciated!

Magic815

What is the naming like in the Emby metadata manager?

From my first photo, the Emby metadata manager has the long name "Planet Earth II - S01E06 - Cities WEBDL-1080p". This also matches how the file is named on my hard drive ("Planet Earth II - S01E06 - Cities WEBDL-1080p.mkv").

From my second photo, Emby metadata manager says "Full Bush, Half Snickers". But then the harddrive for that file still says "Orange Is the New Black - S05E07 - Full Bush, Half Snickers WEBDL-720p.mkv".

Is there a way for my to mass clean up the metadata manager titles, while still retaining the information in the file names on my hard drive?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Interesting, I do not have that issue.

@@Luke is there a way in the metadata manager to force to properly detect the title or is there something with the file naming that's preventing this from working correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Solution
Magic815

Yea, so I just went into metadata manager, and drilled down to a specific season of a show, then hit the three dots, and clicked "refresh metadata." After saving, it looks like it fixed the metadata naming of that show. I tried doing the refresh at the top "TV" level, but it didn't seem to make any changes. Although I might have just been too impatient.

I'll keep an eye and see if any future episodes get added and have the excess info in the metadata naming in Emby. It was only TV Shows that had this issue, and not movies.

• Like 1