Coverart Mediainfo overlay icons

tmb4016

tmb4016

Hi,

I am struggling to get the mediainfo overlays to work consistently. I can not get the overlay for many of my aspect ratios to display. Typically it is only 1.85 and 2.35 that give overlay icon.
If I add custom icons then 2.40 does display but the 2.35 and 1.85 disappear even though the custom set includes them.
Mediainfo correctly reports aspect ratio in all cases.
I suspect some of the audio ones do the same but not investigated closely yet.
Any ideas anybody ?

Please turn on debug logging on the server, then restart it then do a full refresh replacing images on an item that has this issue and post the server log.

Thanks.

tmb4016

Hi ebr,

As requested please find log attached.
It seems to suggest the coverart resource aspect_240 is missing. It reports this on line 1163.

On further checks on some items it seems other resources are missing.
codec_mpeg4
codec_mp3
as examples.

Log1.txt

Edited by tmb4016

Yeah, the plug-in does not have every single aspect ratio or codec embedded in it.  You can, however, supply images for them if you wish.  Look in your log and it tells you what it is looking for as an image name.  Just create a .png with the name of the item it says it cannot find.

tmb4016
Hi ebr,

ok - no problems. Where do I put them in that case? 

I've tried putting a set in the custom overlay folder but this then replaces the existing ones in the plugin not supplementing them.

I've tried putting a set in the custom overlay folder but this then replaces the existing ones in the plugin not supplementing them.

I don't understand what you mean there... that is where you put them.

tmb4016
All I want to do is have a complete set of mediainfo icons ! I cannot find a workable setting to fill the missing icons.

Testing so far ...

With Overlay style set as icons. - Missing resources for some aspect ratio's and media types etc.

With Overlay style set as custom & missing resources from above placed in the custom directory - Only the Custom folder contents displayed.

With Overlay style set as custom and full set of icons placed in the custom directory - Visible icons display as per the custom folder icons - however not complete... some aspect ratios etc which are in the custom folder do not display.

The behaviour just does not seem consistent.

In your entirely custom setup, exactly what icons do not display?  Not all aspect ratios are going to be understood...

tmb4016

OK - It was some of the 1.85 and 2.35 ratio's that were ok and did seem to be included in the custom set. I've done some tweaking to custom set and refreshed some of the images and now got the aspect ratio's showing.

The main ones it is missing now seem to be to do with the DTS sound.

They were showing DTS correctly on standard set but not now so it must be something to do with the naming in the custom set. I'll keep at it - and use the log file to see what is missing.

tmb4016

Ok now I am really puzzled. Two films which report the same sound in mediainfo give different behaviour. Both films report Audio as DCA with profile of DTS and 6 channel. One shows the icon named codec_dca.png from the custom overlay folder the other has no icon but the log file does not report a unassigned/missing resource.

What is strange is that on standard icons the behaviour is reversed ! 

ebr - can you let me know what icons are in as resources in the main plugin ?

Any ideas anybody ?

It will drive on the actual codec so, for DTS, that will be DCA.

Try force-refreshing the item you think isn't showing properly.

tmb4016

Hi ebr,

I have tried that and actually have a code_DCA icon I the custom overlay folder. One film actually displays this (it does not when using default icons) another film does not display it when on the default icons it does. Both show the correct codec under built in mediainfo and external checks.

I am struggling to find the logic that is causing this behaviour. Log files do not show any missing resource files like they did previously. i.e. CoverArt - Undefined overlay type lines in log entries.

Are the default icon resources available as separate png files so I can combine with my custom set ?

Thanks 

Tim

tmb4016

hi ebr,

yep apologies - a typo.

Since last post - I think I am getting somewhere. It looks like there was a problem with running ffprobe so the information from the media file was not being updated. I've fixed issue with ffprobe and that now runs and so far when I run a refresh the icons seem to be appearing. Only problem I've got now is that I have no icons for UHD or HEVC as they are not in my custom set. I will have to try to create some that look like the default ones. Does anybody have a psd for these overlay files that they are willing to share ?

I would have been nice to have the custom overlays used as an addition to the default ones rather than a direct replacement. For my case I am having to recreate icons which already exist in the default set when all I want to do is supplement the default set with any missing codec's aspect ratios etc. Hopefully not too many missing.

Thanks once again for you assistance ebr.