App Reliability  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is the iOS App Reliable?

• Yes, I can safely say that it always works when I need it to
    • Mostly, Occasionally something breaks
    • It's hit and miss as to whether it works, I can't count on it
    • No it never works correctly

dcrdev

I've been using the iOS app since the day I started using Emby over 2 years ago, whilst using the web interface, the Kodi plugin and the FireTV app has been a pleasure, the same cannot be said for the iOS app. There have been numerous occasions where things have just broken and remained unfixed for months, for example Music playback when locked - which only got fixed recently. For an app that's meant to provide easy access to media, it has failed spectacularly for example I cannot go on a trip and expect it to work, it simply is not reliable; more often than not I'm having to encode things and sync them to my device manually just in case.

Mostly these days I just use the app to manage metadata and control other clients as at present it just doesn't work for anything else. My current issues as they stand are:

• Constant jumps backward in video playback.
  • Music taking 30+ seconds to load.
  • Incorrect identification of the currently playing track.
  • What would seem like incredibly high CPU usage, the app becomes very unresponsive and all iOS graphical animations grind to a halt; eventually resulting in the app crashing. This is on Apple's flagship iPhone X by the way, not something several generations behind.

So I noted in another thread that @@ebr was reluctant to say such issues were widespread, which I think they are  - you only have to look through this support forum. Anyway I'm interested - is it just me? Am I crazy? Let's put it to the vote...

legallink

While I think the statement is a little bit overly harsh, I won't say emby is perfect. 

I also regularly have problems with music playback (including the 30+ seconds to load, or just not loading/skipping a track), but I also don't report it very often, so I'm not sure how I could expect them to fix it.  And I don't think most people would disagree with the notion that music playback hasn't been a focus of emby.  They support it and make incremental changes, but most music afficianados have expressed that there are better things out there for music.  You just won't find better out there for music, movies, photos, etc. all in one platform that plays your content no matter where you are and supports playback on all sorts of different devices. 

Apple music works on the apple phone that you are currently holding.  The apple forums for iTunes being buggy, broken, annoying, whatever, are much more filled with frustration than Emby's...and I think they might be a little bit bigger of a team? And they are only supporting a small quantity of types of devices.

I think there have been a few issues with the iPhone X....and while it isn't much of a consolation prize, I think that is normal for form factor shifts.

That being said, it is also probably because I have adopted behaviors to make it work for me.  It isn't uncommon for the app to get stuck in a loading screen, so I have to close out the app and restart.  But that is usually when I'm on a pretty bad connection or my server cpu is pegged, or I have a permission issue with ffmpeg and my antivirus software.  I don't have the grind to a halt, graphical animation problem or the constant jumps backward in video playback (except when I'm on a spotty connection or doing something odd, like switching apps, etc.).

Regardless, outside of music (and even music on the whole, while music performance isn't class leading, it's definitely acceptable), the app works more than 98% of the time for me. It connects for me when I'm waiting for a train, when I'm at home, when I'm at work, and when I'm at the airport.  That to me is near genius (not real genius, but it's just soooo easy it feels like genius).  My only wish is that it would either buffer more or I could download things offline so when I'm riding the subway to/from work I could watch/listen.  Til that happens, I have podcasts.

Edited by legallink

jscoys

The only little thing I would say there is that I’m jealous because it’s really clear that the Emby team is favouriting the Android platform instead of IOS one. I’m pretty sure that it’s not only due to a “Apple hating trend” but also to the fact that it’s difficult for them to validate some features with Apple store (Like offline mode for instance). However, when you have a post on the fact that streaming from outside is totally broken with Emby on IOS and then you’ve got no answers for 1 month... I think an Android topic would have received a faster answer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys

dcrdev

While I think the statement is a little bit overly harsh, I won't say emby is perfect. 

I also regularly have problems with music playback (including the 30+ seconds to load, or just not loading/skipping a track), but I also don't report it very often, so I'm not sure how I could expect them to fix it.  And I don't think most people would disagree with the notion that music playback hasn't been a focus of emby.  They support it and make incremental changes, but most music afficianados have expressed that there are better things out there for music.  You just won't find better out there for music, movies, photos, etc. all in one platform that plays your content no matter where you are and supports playback on all sorts of different devices. 

Apple music works on the apple phone that you are currently holding.  The apple forums for iTunes being buggy, broken, annoying, whatever, are much more filled with frustration than Emby's...and I think they might be a little bit bigger of a team? And they are only supporting a small quantity of types of devices.

I think there have been a few issues with the iPhone X....and while it isn't much of a consolation prize, I think that is normal for form factor shifts.

That being said, it is also probably because I have adopted behaviors to make it work for me.  It isn't uncommon for the app to get stuck in a loading screen, so I have to close out the app and restart.  But that is usually when I'm on a pretty bad connection or my server cpu is pegged, or I have a permission issue with ffmpeg and my antivirus software.  I don't have the grind to a halt, graphical animation problem or the constant jumps backward in video playback (except when I'm on a spotty connection or doing something odd, like switching apps, etc.).

Regardless, outside of music (and even music on the whole, while music performance isn't class leading, it's definitely acceptable), the app works more than 98% of the time for me. It connects for me when I'm waiting for a train, when I'm at home, when I'm at work, and when I'm at the airport.  That to me is near genius (not real genius, but it's just soooo easy it feels like genius).  My only wish is that it would either buffer more or I could download things offline so when I'm riding the subway to/from work I could watch/listen.  Til that happens, I have podcasts.

My point around the iPhone X is that it has a top tier CPU and hence makes my point around the CPU being pegged even more prevalent; but to be clear these issues aren't new since having the X, only a couple of weeks ago i had the 6s and had the same problems. Actually the X hasn't introduced any new problems, just the screen size issue - which isn't a bug per se.

Yes Apple music exists, but that's really a null point - the reason most of us are here is that we prefer our own media. You could apply your logic to video/Netflix.

Yes Video support is more featureful than Music, but at the end of the day isn't Emby an all-purpose streaming server?

Regardless having mostly iOS devices, Emby just never works reliably on the platform - whether it be Video, Music or even Photos.

• Like 1

legallink

I can't comment on the CPU pegging issue on the phone.  I haven't experienced that.

As to the Apple Music item and related.  I concur that music isn't great.  I think most people would probably say that netflix is for just video a better experience...but I would also say, that the gap isn't as large for emby vs netflix for video as it is for emby vs apple music for music.

• 3 weeks later...
jscoys

I think that in general, IOS is moving pretty fast and Apple is always changing the way things are working, forcing app developers to adapt them self constantly. On the other side, it seems that Emby team doesn't have the willing to work on IOS App, and it needs a constant check and maintenance, not like redoing the app every 3 years (What Emby team is usually doing)... Without set-upping a solid constant maintenance process for Emby IOS App, it will break every 6 months because Emby team doesn't follow the IOS evolution at all...

The problem also is that Emby is a commercial product now, and Emby team is still considering them self as an open-source team, and us as beta testers... I'm pretty sure they don't have any phones or TV dongles in their location to test everything before releasing, because we're going to test their fixes anyway and report back any bugs we'll see... for a non-paying soft it's ok, for a commercial one, it's annoying...

They're not doing any regression tests too (It breaks often), and sometimes not considering the problems we have ("Oh they surely did a mistake in their configuration or they're using an other version of this, or it's their WIFI or Internet Connexion, our beautiful Emby Software can't be faulty...").

I have a friend using Plex for his Apple devices, and it works like a charm, always, from outside or inside house... because they understood that they're a commercial app and that they can't take their customers for stupid people. So I'm jealous because when I play a video with Emby from outside it doesn't work well...

I still think Emby has better features and a better philosophy than Plex. But without a better consideration from the Emby Team of IOS App, I will switch to Plex. Because I've a Iphone X and it's a shame to have a poor playback on it. It's a shame also not to have the Offline feature that has been requested 3 years ago and Plex has for 5 years now, it's a shame too to not to have a better user experience on the IOS App (Like refreshing data when pulling down, left to right gesture to get back to the previous page...) and it shows, it you had a doubt, that Emby Team doesn't know about the wonderful UI Features IOS is offering or the they don't care.

Was my point of the day, sorry if I'm pessimistic, but realistic at least! Have a good day.

dcrdev

Couldn't have put it better myself - to the Emby devs:

It's wrong that you are selling apps that haven't been tested properly, much less that don't work. You have a responsibility to your customers first, profits second.

It seems to me that it's a numbers game with you - push out a new app as quickly as possible, advertise it, profit, forget about it. I mean let's take the PS4 and Xbox One 'apps' for instance, a big song-and-dance was made about the introduction of these 'apps' - when in actual fact they aren't apps, it's just the web client in the built-in web browser on those platforms.

legallink

I've got a very different view of the world.  While not perfect, I find the Emby iOS app pretty good and the whole eco system awesome. 

You can find bugs in nearly every app out there, or that doesn't have the functionality you want it to have.  Add to that the Server/App combination and I find it tough to bag on Emby. 

Does the Android Emby app get more attention?  Yes, as far as I can tell (as a non-android user, this is predominantly speculation, etc., but it seems that way).  Is that a problem for me?  Not really.  Am I hopeful that more features are coming down the road? yup, but buying a piece of software because something is being worked on with no guarantee and then yelling that it hasn't been delivered seems naive to me.  On top of that, I'm not aware of a lot of software that I can write a ~$100 check and get upgrades for years to come.  Maybe bug fixes, not upgrades/improvements/new features.

I wasn't duped when I started using Emby.  It's very robust, supports a lot of platforms, etc.  You can't compare it to Netflix because it controls all the content and Apple's iOS own platform has a ton of bugs, and only supports 1 format with no streaming ability.  Maybe you compare it to Plex, but each platform has its strengths and weaknesses.  Perhaps Plex's iOS app is better (not sure, as I don't use Plex).  You'll get a bunch of things that Emby does better than Plex and vice versa.  And perhaps if iOS is your sole analysis, Plex is the better system.

This notion of being annoyed about deploying beta software is just a big whine.  Every single platform/application I've used is released with bugs.  Emby becomes a more and more complex system every day, doesn't shock me that there are things that don't work all the time.

Just today my whole iPhone crashed when trying to open a pdf in the iOS mail app.  Completely rebooted over a 7 page pdf (black and white, not even color).  Is that a bug? Yup.  Am I pissed at Apple?  Nope, just part of dealing with complex systems.  GPS on my iPhone works maybe 70% of the time, and that's being generous.  Safari is soooo bad that I installed Google Chrome....don't even use it and am annoyed when I can't stop using it because Apple forces it in certain situations.  Android was a beta software application for probably the first 5 years they were selling the phones.

I don't know a platform where the developers are more responsive and involved in solving individual user problems.  Not perfect, but more than adequately meets my needs.

Edited by legallink

dcrdev

Right - no piece of software is bug free.

However there's a big difference between having a couple of bugs now and then and the app being unusable every other release. If your going to sell a piece of software, you should test it yourself on the platform you are shipping the software for; if you're not doing that then it really shouldn't ship at all. If this were an entirely free product, it would be a different story - but it's not.

legallink

No disagreement.  Every company has their own way of testing.  I'm sure they do testing internally and then they also use beta as their testing ground.  Could they do better testing? I'm sure they could.  I haven't experienced unusable, and I think the forums would be a lot more alive if it was really unusable.  That being said, don't doubt that your use case may make it unusable for your intended purpose.

• 4 weeks later...
ShoutingMan

I’m playing with Emby on my iPad. It tends to play for a minute or so and then jump back like 10 seconds and replay forward. This behavior repeats through playback. This is for my blu-ray rips. I’ve not seen this on the AppleTV for TV shows downloaded from my TiVo. Not exactly apples to apples, but it seems Emby struggles to transcode on the fly.

I haven’t done much searching yet, so are there thread(s) on the issue I should contribute to?

Thanks.

I’m playing with Emby on my iPad. It tends to play for a minute or so and then jump back like 10 seconds and replay forward. This behavior repeats through playback. This is for my blu-ray rips. I’ve not seen this on the AppleTV for TV shows downloaded from my TiVo. Not exactly apples to apples, but it seems Emby struggles to transcode on the fly.

I haven’t done much searching yet, so are there thread(s) on the issue I should contribute to?

Thanks.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8082640

ShoutingMan
I’m not sure that thread is on the issue I’m seeing. The behavior I experienced is specific to Emby on iOS. It doesn’t happen with YouTube or Netflix or Amazon.

I don’t use Emby on the iPad much. So it’s not a big deal to me currently. But when time allows, I’ll play around and get some logs, in case it’s helpful.

dcrdev

I’m not sure that thread is on the issue I’m seeing. The behavior I experienced is specific to Emby on iOS. It doesn’t happen with YouTube or Netflix or Amazon.

I don’t use Emby on the iPad much. So it’s not a big deal to me currently. But when time allows, I’ll play around and get some logs, in case it’s helpful.

I believe that's because it's affecting applications that utilise the Safari video player - as Emby is written in html with a native wrapper it uses it. Youtube, Netflix, Amazon are all fully native apps that have their own video players and are hence not affected by this.

• Like 1

jscoys

@@Luke, I know we already spoke about that, but can you focus on implementing your own video lib in the Emby iOS app that is not working at all for video playback instead of focusing on implement the MPV lib in the Emby android app that is not suffering from any issues today???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ebike

I also am having lot's of issues on IOS, other platforms are just fine.

My current issue is that I can browse for music, but it just won't play any more, it used to work just fine, then sudenly stopped working.

Looking in the logs I see this:

2018-04-18 10:07:18.152 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.178.6:8096/dlna/140575c4e85d4ceda96e4c6ec56b72d1/connectionmanager/connectionmanager.xml. UserAgent: AVM UPnP/1.0 Client 1.0
2018-04-18 10:07:18.152 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.178.250. Time: 0ms. http://192.168.178.6:8096/dlna/140575c4e85d4ceda96e4c6ec56b72d1/connectionmanager/connectionmanager.xml
2018-04-18 10:07:18.162 Info HttpServer: HTTP SUBSCRIBE http://192.168.178.6:8096/dlna/140575c4e85d4ceda96e4c6ec56b72d1/contentdirectory/events. UserAgent:
2018-04-18 10:07:18.162 Info HttpServer: HTTP SUBSCRIBE http://192.168.178.6:8096/dlna/140575c4e85d4ceda96e4c6ec56b72d1/connectionmanager/events. UserAgent:
2018-04-18 10:07:18.162 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.178.250. Time: 0ms. http://192.168.178.6:8096/dlna/140575c4e85d4ceda96e4c6ec56b72d1/contentdirectory/events
2018-04-18 10:07:18.162 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.178.250. Time: 0ms. http://192.168.178.6:8096/dlna/140575c4e85d4ceda96e4c6ec56b72d1/connectionmanager/events
2018-04-18 10:07:38.006 Error HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.. Exception.Message: Connection timed out
2018-04-18 10:07:50.307 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 155.63.200.31. Time: 231894ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Audio/73fa007bd32f467c92780a379d104fa3/universal?UserId=8a8096c038184488bd4815481440dac3&DeviceId=06077104332851b273e6746dca4e38bc47ef60b6&MaxStreamingBitrate=800000&Container=mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,wav&TranscodingContainer=aac&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1524002488053&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false
2018-04-18 10:08:13.444 Info HttpServer: WS ws://xxxxxxxxx:8096/embywebsocket?api_key=64f93fe2a835406bbe252be6eb72adcb&deviceId=06077104332851b273e6746dca4e38bc47ef60b6. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
2018-04-18 10:08:13.445 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Audio/73fa007bd32f467c92780a379d104fa3/universal?UserId=8a8096c038184488bd4815481440dac3&DeviceId=06077104332851b273e6746dca4e38bc47ef60b6&MaxStreamingBitrate=800000&Container=mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,wav&TranscodingContainer=aac&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1524002488057&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false.UserAgent: AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.15E216 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 11_3 like Mac OS X; en_us)
2018-04-18 10:08:13.446 Info App: User policy for Lounge. EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2018-04-18 10:08:13.447 Info HttpResultFactory: Setting range response values for /media/Music/Hope Church/ CityAlight - The Love of the Father.mp3. RangeRequest: bytes=1686514-4649514 Content-Length: 2963001, Content-Range: bytes 1686514-4649514/4649515
2018-04-18 10:08:13.512 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
2018-04-18 10:08:13.513 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 155.63.200.31. Time: 1ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress
2018-04-18 10:08:18.548 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Users/8a8096c038184488bd4815481440dac3/Items?ParentId=7affc87d2a1fd2e5c40150f9cd986490&Limit=200&Fields=MediaSources%2CChapters&ExcludeLocationTypes=Virtual&EnableTotalRecordCount=false&CollapseBoxSetItems=false. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
2018-04-18 10:08:18.578 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 155.63.200.31. Time: 29ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Users/8a8096c038184488bd4815481440dac3/Items?ParentId=7affc87d2a1fd2e5c40150f9cd986490&Limit=200&Fields=MediaSources%2CChapters&ExcludeLocationTypes=Virtual&EnableTotalRecordCount=false&CollapseBoxSetItems=false
2018-04-18 10:08:18.919 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Audio/73fa007bd32f467c92780a379d104fa3/universal?UserId=8a8096c038184488bd4815481440dac3&DeviceId=06077104332851b273e6746dca4e38bc47ef60b6&MaxStreamingBitrate=800000&Container=mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,wav&TranscodingContainer=aac&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1524002488058&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false.UserAgent: AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.15E216 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 11_3 like Mac OS X; en_us)
2018-04-18 10:08:18.920 Info App: User policy for Lounge. EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2018-04-18 10:08:18.921 Info HttpResultFactory: Setting range response values for /media/Music/Hope Church/ CityAlight - The Love of the Father.mp3. RangeRequest: bytes=0-1 Content-Length: 2, Content-Range: bytes 0-1/4649515
2018-04-18 10:08:18.922 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 206 to 155.63.200.31. Time: 3ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Audio/73fa007bd32f467c92780a379d104fa3/universal?UserId=8a8096c038184488bd4815481440dac3&DeviceId=06077104332851b273e6746dca4e38bc47ef60b6&MaxStreamingBitrate=800000&Container=mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,wav&TranscodingContainer=aac&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1524002488058&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false
2018-04-18 10:08:18.931 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
2018-04-18 10:08:18.931 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Emby Mobile 3.3.0.5 playing  CityAlight - The Love of the Father. Stopped at 0 ms
2018-04-18 10:08:18.931 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 155.63.200.31. Time: 1ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped
2018-04-18 10:08:18.985 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
2018-04-18 10:08:18.989 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 155.63.200.31. Time: 3ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing
2018-04-18 10:08:18.991 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Audio/73fa007bd32f467c92780a379d104fa3/universal?UserId=8a8096c038184488bd4815481440dac3&DeviceId=06077104332851b273e6746dca4e38bc47ef60b6&MaxStreamingBitrate=800000&Container=mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,wav&TranscodingContainer=aac&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1524002488058&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false.UserAgent: AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.15E216 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 11_3 like Mac OS X; en_us)

and:

018-04-18 10:06:45.988 Info HttpResultFactory: Transmit file /var/db/emby-server/cache/images/resized-images/c/cfff18c0-1aa5-2b28-abd1-9740d9ab6c5b.jpg
2018-04-18 10:06:46.010 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 155.63.200.55. Time: 22ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Items/7948989ab9fcf7d042149befcec53714/Images/Backdrop?width=275&tag=4c36411b8fa00d031653049503e1303f&quality=70
2018-04-18 10:06:46.140 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=UserInstalled. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
2018-04-18 10:06:46.140 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json
2018-04-18 10:06:46.221 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=System. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
2018-04-18 10:06:46.222 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.github.com/repos/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases
2018-04-18 10:06:46.603 Error HttpClient: Error SecureChannelFailure getting response from https://api.github.com/repos/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.3.0.0
    Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
    Operating system: Unix 11.1.0.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: False
    Mono: 5.2.0 (5.2.0.215 Fri Mar 30 20:49:22 UTC 2018)
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
    Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server
    System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00037] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult ar, System.Boolean ignoreEmpty) [0x00000] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00071] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00032] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0000c] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.EndRead (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0004b] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0000e] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.AuthenticateAsClient (System.String targetHost, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, System.Security.Authentication.SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, System.Boolean checkCertificateRevocation) [0x0000e] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at Mono.Net.Security.MonoTlsStream.CreateStream (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x0007b] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at System.Net.WebConnection.CreateStream (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) [0x00073] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x0000f] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
    System.Net.WebException
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x0000f] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
    InnerException: System.IO.IOException
    System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00037] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult ar, System.Boolean ignoreEmpty) [0x00000] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00071] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00032] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0000c] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.EndRead (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0004b] in <fb76ee468de246ca98b18301a125c185>:0
      at Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0000e] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.AuthenticateAsClient (System.String targetHost, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, System.Security.Authentication.SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, System.Boolean checkCertificateRevocation) [0x0000e] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at Mono.Net.Security.MonoTlsStream.CreateStream (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x0007b] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
      at System.Net.WebConnection.CreateStream (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) [0x00073] in <cc62094645e2448f88c8135e6f498de3>:0
    System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    InnerException: Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException
    Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.

2018-04-18 10:06:46.607 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.3.0.0
    Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
    Operating system: Unix 11.1.0.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: False
    Mono: 5.2.0 (5.2.0.215 Fri Mar 30 20:49:22 UTC 2018)
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
    Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
      at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>d__19.MoveNext () [0x006bc] in <0cb5012359e94beeb2c442185275c8a3>:0
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
      at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsync>d__16.MoveNext () [0x001f4] in <0cb5012359e94beeb2c442185275c8a3>:0
      at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in <c5bcd0ec45b240acb20cfcfa5eee2246>:0
      at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater+<CheckForUpdateResult>d__3.MoveNext () [0x000fb] in <4cd588a30e5240a7852bc0d305ffd37c>:0
      at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost+<CheckForApplicationUpdate>d__390.MoveNext () [0x00136] in <0cb5012359e94beeb2c442185275c8a3>:0
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
      at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>d__19.MoveNext () [0x006bc] in <0cb5012359e94beeb2c442185275c8a3>:0
      at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsync>d__16.MoveNext () [0x001f4] in <0cb5012359e94beeb2c442185275c8a3>:0
      at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater+<CheckForUpdateResult>d__3.MoveNext () [0x000fb] in <4cd588a30e5240a7852bc0d305ffd37c>:0
      at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost+<CheckForApplicationUpdate>d__390.MoveNext () [0x00136] in <0cb5012359e94beeb2c442185275c8a3>:0
    InnerException: System.Net.WebException
    System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    InnerException: Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException
    Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.

2018-04-18 10:06:46.607 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 155.63.200.55. Time: 386ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=System
2018-04-18 10:06:48.898 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 155.63.200.55. Time: 2758ms (slow). http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=UserInstalled
2018-04-18 10:06:53.262 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/System/Logs. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
2018-04-18 10:06:53.271 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 155.63.200.55. Time: 9ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/System/Logs
2018-04-18 10:06:53.343 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/System/Configuration. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
2018-04-18 10:06:53.344 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 155.63.200.55. Time: 1ms. http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/System/Configuration
2018-04-18 10:06:57.683 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/System/Logs/Log?name=server-63659606400.txt. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
2018-04-18 10:06:57.685 Info HttpResultFactory: Transmit file /var/db/emby-server/logs/server-63659606400.txt

Edited by ebike