Live tv not working m3u in guide since update to 3.2.40.0

xavier

I'm struggling with iptv playing through tv guide since the latest update, I've rebooted application and server starts to play then the dreaded black screen or circle motion it's been fine prior to update.

Added new playlist still same issue (not playlist as working fine through other apps)

Can anyone help?

Or how can I revert back to previous version on Linux command?

I've tried everything reported not to work on android/roku devices

Been running great the last 7 months only since update an m3u user control limit been introduced that this as been a issues I have unlimited playlist so even tho I set to 0/ 100/400/1000 and still can't play anything. Personally I didn't see the need for this to be implemented as your m3u playlist is set to the amount of users required??? When I delete playlist and try to re-add it then it won't accept it ??? But playlist is fine

post-250947-0-62327400-1511727429_thumb.jpg

post-250947-0-99715700-1511727478_thumb.jpg

post-250947-0-32151400-1511727574_thumb.jpg

i presume you mean this log file, don't actually know if its this but attached anyway also if anyone knows how to revert back to previous release using Ubuntu 16.04 linux would be greatly appreciated 

regards 

pete

server-63647324423.txt

All http requests to your m3u provider are timing out and failing. This is the reason for your problem.

2017-11-26 20:39:08.064 Error HttpClient: Error RequestCanceled getting response from http://149.202.198.178:8000/get.php?username=xxx&password=xxx&type=m3u_plus&output=m3u8
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.40.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 4.10.0.40
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 4.8.1 (Stable 4.8.1.0/22a39d7 Tue May  2 22:26:20 UTC 2017)
	Processor count: 12
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
	System.Net.WebException: Aborted.
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00064] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00014] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 
	System.Net.WebException
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00064] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00014] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 

But play fine in perfect player, and other m3u apps also plex so don't see how this would effect emby as been fine for 7 months untill latest update that's what's confusing me also I have 2 playlists in my emby

Same playlist in perfect player and plex playing fine so can't see how it's m3u issue, 2 different iptv playlists not the same that are in

Could it have anything to do with the .40 version?

Improve support for moviedb urls in nfo metadata

Resolve issues with windows uninstaller

Fix server update scheduled task progress reporting

Support track selection prior to playback

Support configurable subtitle download location

Add resiliency for customized transcode temp folder that is unreachable

Improve resiliency to moving server program data folder

Support m3u tuner stream sharing

Make music landing screen configurable

Improve metadata saving error handling

Improve web app playback error handling

Allow specification of m3u stream limit

Anyone know how to roll back via Ubuntu 16.04 on Linux this way I will know if it's playlist or since update with m3u implementations

Still having issues on new beta exactly the same nobody can stream anything in tv guide or channels but if I put a channel in iptv plugin everybody can stream it? Can anybody help me revert back to the version prior to m3u changes as this isn't helping me in the slightest please? M3u is unlimited I've tried everything from rebooting,setting 300/600/1000 users but nothing please can somebody help me as I pay for a 1000 user license but can't get 2 people to even stream iptv in channels or guide.

trentmsteel

I have been having the same issue with the "3.2.40 also. I was able to clear it up by downgrading to 3.36. You can find older versions here.

"https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases". 

Also, keep in mind you can try pointing the M3U tuner within EMby to the link to your M3U playlist. Rather than downloading the M3u file locally. i.e

"http://xxxx.username=john&password=somthing=m3u_plus&output=ts"

. Your IPTV provider should be able to provide the exact link. 

making both of these changes, was the only way I could get it working agin.

Edited by trentmsteel

Can you tell me how you actually downgraded as I've never done this before only used the commands to update through open-source etc.thank you for your time

Quote "So I've spent time reading through everything on the forum about IPTV and M3U tuners.

Is there any reason why we can't treat each M3U tuner as only being able to tune 1 channel from the channel xml list or have that as a user defined setting?
From the reading it seems like the M3U tuner is considered to be "unlimited" streams by default. If limited to 1 stream you could create as many m3u tuners for a source as available connections.
Emby would also be able to mark them available or watching as they are used

Example screenshot of how my tuners would be created if this was the case:
two hdhomeruns - 4x tuners
6 m3u tuners for iptv provider 1 - provider allows 6 concurrent connections
2 m3u tuners for iptv provider 2 - provider also allows you to pay for 6, paying for 2

As they are used, they get set to watching. When all are used it acts just like hdhomeruns and errors out when that source is out of connections. I assumed this was how it would work by default based on how physical tuners worked.

Another option would be allowing us to specify how many connections per m3u source and building that number of virtual tuners for that source. Probably a cleaner way to do it."" 

this sounds like it is causing others with multible playlists to struggle playing anything so am i right in thinking i would need to create 300+ m3u tuners just for that amount to be able to watch a single channel each??

Yes I've only got it in once but it is limiting to only 1 or 2 people that are able to stream the rest can't just spins or times out was perfectly fine before these changes was made clearly effecting the m3u and streaming in channels/ tv guide

Where was the new log you posted with the latest beta? Can you please limit your discussion of this to one topic as it will be much easier to help you . Thanks !

xavier, dont you have another thread like this asking how to revert? Pretty sure i remember seeing it along with another member that answered with a link to the builds / .deb files.

Sorry, to be more polite and complete on an answer, you are using ubuntu and on the .net builds from the version number. So to revert its very simple. Download your desired build from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases it will be one of the ones that say emby-server-deb in the file name.

After you download it you will want to install said build using sudo dpkg -i <filename you downloaded >

This will install whatever build you downloaded over the current build you are using.

Edited by tdiguy