Emby not scraping/adding files with Swedish characters

TweetyDaBird

TweetyDaBird

Now I'd understand if the server would have issues with showing the Swedish characters, then at least I would have understood to rename the files to fix the issue. But I find it highly annoying that it would instead altogether ignore the files, which was a bit more confounding. 

It took me quite a while to figure out the error, since the server does come featured as having Swedish language, and supposedly the option to have the meta data in Swedish (I haven't been able to test that yet, since i only just managed to get the files scraped).

And before anyone starts, I know that using Swedish characters in any files on any system, is 'not advised'. Only thing is, this is animated movies (Disney and the likes of it) meant for a child, so the files themselves are taken from the Swedish versions of the DVD's, with the correct Swedish names, to separate them from any movies that doesn't have Swedish audio, and then shouldn't be displayed to the kids.

TweetyDaBird

Gladly! Dang you're fast!

Sleeping Beauty, the Disney movie is titled "Törnrosa" in Swedish, and naming the file as such means it's not scraped or even recognized as media by Emby. Same for Beauty and The Beast, titled "Skönheten och Odjuret".

Renaming the same files to have "a" or "o" instead of åäö means they are immediately scraped (and correctly identified!), and renaming them to the English title shows the same result. Both solutions are fine by me really, only slightly annoying, as I wanted to be able to separate out the movies with Swedish audio easily. 

Also, if they weren't correctly identified, and I'd have to help the meta data scraper along, I'd gladly accept that, as I would have expected it to some extent.

Edited by TweetyDaBird

i did a search for Törnrosa using the Identify feature and it worked just fine. What makes you think its' not recognized?

TweetyDaBird

Because adding the files to a library doesn't work? I added a folder with about 100 animated movies, about a tenth of them with Swedish characters in the name of the file, since most of them are titled as the same in both Swedish and English.

Emby totally ignored the files with Swedish characters altogether and didn't show them in the library or meta data editor until I renamed them. 

Edited by TweetyDaBird

Perhaps it is due to the folder structure then and not related to Swedish characters. can you discuss the folder structure? thanks.

TweetyDaBird

Sure, simple enough folder structure I think, I have every movie in a separate folder with the same name as the movie, title only, followed by the release year in brackets.

Obviously, when renaming the movies to fix the issue, I renamed the folders as well. 

An example:

Animated

- Törnrosa (1959)

-- Törnrosa (1959).mp4

TweetyDaBird

No, sorry... They weren't showing at all, which is what made me even notice it, as I knew I was missing a number of movies...

TweetyDaBird

Yes, it completed, although it took quite a long time to finish. I tried to scan it a few more times too, all of which completed.

I don't have the specific log files handy, but I can easily recreate the error, by just dropping two files into a folder, one named "Törnrosa (1959).mp4" the other "Tornrosa (1959).mp4". One is added to the library, the other isn't.

Edited by TweetyDaBird

If the two files are in the folder together then they will be recognized as one movie with two different versions.