TV Series : seasons numbers are wrong

Guest Arg

Hi,

Very often when I use the "Identify" function for a TV Serie, the episodes have wrong season numbers.

For instance :

If the first episode is considered to be part of Season 1. Then, the 2nd episode while be tagged Season 10, the 3rd from Season 100 and so on. Each time, one zero is added incrementally to each episode. In reality they all belong to the same season (and are stored in the same directory).

I don't bother correcting it manually because it takes quite a long time. So it stays quite messy and prevent the subtitles to be downloaded automatically.

EDIT : This bug maybe happens when there is a mix of directories and files in the season directory : some episodes are stored in independent subdirectories while other episodes are simply stored as files in the main season directory.

DD6zvny.png

Edited by Arg

You're saying there's a mix of files and folders, can we see the complete contents? thanks.

Well, I've changed the directory structure so I can't send you a screencap of old directory contents. I've removed the mix of folders and files, keeping only the files. When I selected "Identifiy Media" again from the interface, Emby tagged correctly my files. So this bug was probably triggered by the mix of files and folders.

But here is another directory that triggered the same bug :

Q5BqTVa.png

Edited by Arg

Just an update on this bug :

It doesn't really matter if there is a mix of files and folders in the main directory.

It happens also if each episode is placed in a subdirectory.

Like :

Season 1 directory :

• Episode 1 directory --> Episode 1 video file
  • Episode 2 directory --> Episode 2 video file
  • Episode 3 directory --> Episode 3 video file

Then each episode get a season number like : 1, 10, 100, 1000, and so on (if it's season one for example)

Regarding my last example (the one where every episode is stored in one subfolder) : yes, they all had prexisting .nfo files in each folder.

Regarding my previous example (the one with a mix of folders and file) : no, it doesn't seems so (see the screencap).

Edited by Arg