Nvidia Shield TV Display

daniel.bmyer

daniel.bmyer

Just installed Emby on my Nvidia Shield.  Just started playing around with it but first thing I noticed is that the views of non selected items are really dark, too dark actually.  When browsing my Movie or TV Shows, until the show or movie is clicked on, it's just faded far too much.  Is there a way to change this?

Also by far, I much prefer the view of Emby Theater.  Not sure why the view is so different but doesn't make for as a good an experience as ET.

Now I'm wondering.  I paid for a Emby Premiere when I was using my HTPC but now that I'm using in on the Shield, is there any reason to keep paying?  Am I getting a benefit of Premiere on the Shield?

daniel.bmyer

Shield TV.  Also I noticed that every time I play an episode of a show, it defaults to Closed Captions on and I have to turn them off.  Is there a setting for this?  Not sure if this is on my server or on the Shield TV.

CBers

Subtitles are controlled by your user settings on the server, but they're also remembered by the app, so if you had then on the last time you played a video, then they'll be on the next time you play the video.

Can you supply a screenshot of the "non selected items are really dark" items.

To do this, you can use the in-built SCREENSHOT capture via the TWITCH menu.

More info at this link:

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/07/android-tv-take-screenshot-nvidia-shield.html

The screenshots are stored in the sdcard\Pictures\Screenshots folder, which you can access via ES FILE EXPLORER or over your network if enabled.

daniel.bmyer

Ok, here's a photo I took but it really doesn't show it well enough.  The unselected items appear much darker than they appear in the photo

post-246473-0-54465700-1511744462_thumb.jpg

That is the standard display of the Android TV interface.  I don't really notice it that much though...

I guess you have turned off the tabbed interface for your TV library?  That surprises me given that you said you liked the layout of Theater.

daniel.bmyer

Honestly, I don't see the difference between the tabbed and non tabbed.  Maybe I missed it but what exactly is the difference?

Non-tab - all you get is a grid display of all your series (like you showed above).

With the tabs you get tabs at the top allowing you to quickly move between the grid of all your series, genres, suggestions, upcoming, favorites...

590b596ac7c8e_tvsuggestions.png

daniel.bmyer

I have two types of TV Shows groupings.  One called TV Shows and the other TV Series.  TV Series are my saved ones on my NAS.  TV Shows are ones I download and delete.  Both have content type of TV Show but for some reason TV Shows only give me the one option no matter what I pick.  Not sure why really

daniel.bmyer

Actually it is.  It has the folder name as the TV Show, say Flash, then all episodes are in there.  The only diff from the other one is I have my NAS one separated by season

CBers

I only have the remote, not the controller. I'll take a photo with my camera and see if that looks ok.

For reference, you can take screenshots using either the controller or remote.

daniel.bmyer

I'm still having problems with a tv show always displaying subtitles.  I turn them off for the episode, then when the next episode plays, they come on again.  It only happens on this one tv series.  Not sure why?

Oh and I do see that the screenshot function does work with the remote

CBers

I'm still having problems with a tv show always displaying subtitles. I turn them off for the episode, then when the next episode plays, they come on again. It only happens on this one tv series. Not sure why?

What are you subtitle settings in the user profile on the server?

I'm still having problems with a tv show always displaying subtitles.  I turn them off for the episode, then when the next episode plays, they come on again.  It only happens on this one tv series.  Not sure why?

Are they flagged as Forced and you have it set to play Forced only?

daniel.bmyer

I didn't realize there was a user profile on the server.  I checked that and now see it was set to Default.  I will try Smart, then Forced only and see what happens.

Thanks.

Lots of little options still working my way through.