backup / restore plugin

tdiguy

I am having a hell of a time with this. 

I am on emby Version 3.2.40.0 beta

I just used the backup app to restore my emby server and its driving me nuts with how buggy the server is acting. Sometimes i click on things and nothing happens. I cant seem to get my guide data to populate and it doesnt seem to want to scan my library.

Also i did a sudo apt-get remove emby-server and re-installed with dpkg hoping for a fresh install but no luck all settings were kept and buggy.

server.txt

Hi, your log looks OK. can you please offer some specific examples, and then attach the corresponding emby server log for that example? thanks.

I am not sure i will be able to.

How do i go about removing emby from debian so i can start from scratch? last few times i have tried it installs as if its been here forever with all settings intact and this last time i removed the emby-server.conf file and i cant install it so it will start up.

OK so part of my problem was that i was logged in as the new user i created, emby after restoring.

Now it will reach 69% scanning libraries but then stop.

Guide update gets to about 10% and stops.

I don't think they are stopping. I think they are just running a little slowly for your liking and you are perceiving that as stopping.

ryandavidg

When I upgraded to 3.2.40 (from 3.2.36) my first library scan was much slower than usual, and I thought it had hung a couple of times. Subsequent library scans were back to normal. Not sure what was going on under the hood, but this was my experience, might be worth giving it a bit of time.

That is completely possible. It looked like it stopped though, the progress bar went away on me but it did not complete and it reported last ran 2 days ago.

It does not matter now though, i was hoping to save some time using it but i ended up just wiping and re-doing my server since my family was soon to use it or get annoyed with me tinkering with it again.

It was probably an http request to an external site that was taking a bit of time and unfortunately you end up taking it out on us. It's leading me more to the direction that we just shouldn't let you see the progress at all. Then there's no problem to begin with.

The real question though is why you felt the need to uninstall reinstall in the first place.

Originally i re-installed because this is a mostly new system. The only parts i re-used from my older system is the case / power supply ( the case has a built in 60 watt power supply ) and i was going to use this mostly as a convenient way to migrate since my media sits on an external hard drive, so i had emby backup saving to the same external. 

Progress bars about the only thing that actually let me have patience with computers. At least if i see that its moving along no matter how slow i know its working.