Can't update package from unknown published

marcinsko

marcinsko

Hi,

I experienced this error on my Synology (latest update DSM applied), Emby server is showing that it need to update, it is downloading but latter is stopping with the error like in topic. Till now always did update without a problem so what it happened. I have trusted publishers allowed, added emby Synology to publishers, and always worked so?

Cheers

marcinsko

OK, I solved the problem. I need to change in package center to install packages from any publishers and it worked. So it seems to be Synology security or something.

solabc16

Hello @@marcinsko

You shouldn't need to do this, I've just re-validated the install/upgrade on our test systems here and am not seeing any issue.

The steps under the Synology section here are all that should be required https://emby.media/nas-server.html.

In Package Center you should see the following, screens may vary slightly depending on DSM version:-

5a193ae027798_SynologySetupStep1.png

5a193a8a96f22_SynoCert.png

Please can you check the certificate is present. Also, if possible, can you run the send logs utility, details here:- https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James

NOTE: Anybody else reading this thread, please don't enable 'any publishers' unless you know what you're doing and understand the implications

marcinsko

Hi,

I did not want to make any harm, I wanted to update to the newest version, for 4 days it failed with the error package from unknown sources. I had (at least I think as it worked so far all certificate up to date) so I just turned to any sources for this one update only and went very good, I certainly came back to trusted sources. I do not know the reason for this but..

I apologize for my stupidity ;-).

I had this problem trying to update to version 3.2.40 on my Synology NAS.  I checked my settings in Package Manager and noticed that the Emby repository was there, but the certificate wasn't.  I deleted the Emby repository, re-added it, and the certificate re-installed.  Once a valid certificate was installed, the update went through just fine.

marcinsko

That is the proper way, which I want to do but I had all certificate in place, just Emby did not want to update, so I screwed things up and allow any publisher, the update went smooth as butter. So what now? I have infected server or should be alright just kind of glich ?

solabc16

I had this problem trying to update to version 3.2.40 on my Synology NAS.  I checked my settings in Package Manager and noticed that the Emby repository was there, but the certificate wasn't.  I deleted the Emby repository, re-added it, and the certificate re-installed.  Once a valid certificate was installed, the update went through just fine.

Hello @@njeske

Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep an eye on this and see if the disappearance of the certificate is related to a DSM update.

For anybody else having this issue, re-adding the Emby repository would be the best course of action.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello @@marcinsko

When you run the diagnostics or send logs utilities, you'll be prompted to key 'yes' to proceed; that would be the likely reason they didn't complete.

I would recommend that you revert the Trust Level to "Synology Inc. and trusted publishers", if you haven't already.

If the certificate is in place, then everything would appear to be in order - let's see what happens with the next release and we'll look further if there is still an issue.

Best

- James