Web Interface Focus in Chrome

dcrdev

dcrdev

Since upgrading to 3.2.40.0, I've noticed an issue whereby if I switch tabs in Chrome and then don't come back to the web interface for a couple of minutes then it seems to lose focus. What I mean by that is that nothing on the screen is clickable, double clicking just triggers fullscreen; there's no way to grab focus again without refreshing. I've tried cleaning the browser's cache and restarting chrome a few times as well. This doesn't happen in Firefox.

Running Chrome 62.0.3202.89

• 2 weeks later...
dcrdev

This is still an issue -

I can now reproduce this reliably:

• Chrome 62.0.3202.89 Linux
  • Start playing some music
  • Go to the admin dashboard
  • Go back to the media area i.e. click the home symbol
  • Nothing is clickable

Don't know how relevant it is (if at all) , but the console is spouting "app is hidden" every few seconds when out of focus.

Guest plexman

I've got the same behaviour with Firefox Quantumm. Sometimes, when I get back to the home menu, nothing is clickable, I have to reload the page. I can't really tell a procedure to reproduce the error as it happens most frecuently when going to the home menu from the dashboard. I'll do a couple of tests to see if I get an error pattern.

dcrdev

I've noticed a couple of other people with this issue in other threads also, this issue has been ongoing for a couple of releases now. Is there anything we can do to help you track this issue down?

Nickbert
I've also noticed this behavior a couple of times.
There seems to be a kind of overlay when the issue occurs.
When I remove the "tmla-mask" everything works fine again.

5a2e94e103f47_2017121115_19_29Emby.png

Edited by Nickbert

dcrdev

I am still trying to reproduce it so some exact reproduction steps would be great, thanks.

My steps were exact - causes the issue every time. 

I can do a screen recording later, if that will help?

Guest plexman

I managed to reproduce the problem on firefox Quantum 100% of the tests. Just going to the dashboard and back to the home page returns the home page unclickable as said before.

EDIT: Tested both behind NGINX reverse proxy and connecting directly to the web app through port 8096. Both the same results.

Edited by plexman

dcrdev

Just to confirm also -

I have tested with and without my Apache reverse proxy - same results.

Also I have tested with/without my adblocker - no other browser extensions are installed.

I managed to reproduce the problem on firefox Quantumm 100% of the tests. Just going to the dashboard and back to the home page returns the home page unclickable as said before.

EDIT: Tested both behind NGINX reverse proxy and connecting directly to the web app through port 8096. Both the same results.

Same Issue with Firefox quantumm here.