Uninstall Emby Server from Windows

David11917

Can you install the latest version, 3.5.3, and then shut it down and try to uninstall that? thanks.

flyingblindonarocketcycle

my version is 3.5 according to the apps page in windows 10. I only started trying out Emby for the first time starting December 2018.  I would assume I'm using the latest.

petebocken

Can you install the latest version, 3.5.3, and then shut it down and try to uninstall that? thanks.

I just tried this and it still remains in the apps & features list. If you click uninstall again, I get the same message.

• 10 months later...
OptimusKyo

I cannot remove Emby Server from the Windows 10 Apps & Features (apps uninstall).  I shut down Emby, clicked Uninstall here and remove all traces in the uninstaller app.  However, the app still remains in the Apps & Features.  If I click uninstall again, I get this error.

5b34fd4aa09de_ScreenShot20180628at102114

5b34fd526b3ce_ScreenShot20180628at102120

hi. did you solve this? i'm having the same problem here. can't remove Emby from the list.

• Like 1

petebocken

hi. did you solve this? i'm having the same problem here. can't remove Emby from the list.

Nope. Installed the latest version, uninstalled, remains in list.

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be getting a 4.3.1 update out in the next day or so and this will include an updated uninstaller to resolve this issue. Thanks.

• Like 1

petebocken

We'll be getting a 4.3.1 update out in the next day or so and this will include an updated uninstaller to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Installed 4.3.1 and uninstalled. Installer remains in Apps & Features and still cannot remove completely. :(

5df939467bbdd_ScreenShot20191217at22321P

petebocken

Is that exe file there?

Yes, prior to me clicking Uninstall in Apps & Features. After I click uninstall, it runs that exe presumably and asks if I want to remove all traces, which I do. Says "Emby Server Uninstalled". Click Finish. Exit Apps & features. Reopen Apps & features and Emby Server is still listed without the custom icon (as you can see in my screenshot). Then I get that warning about not being able to find the uninstaller. Which of course yes it cannot find because I uninstalled it, however Emby is not removed from the Apps & features list.

Happy2Play

Yes as I have already noted, when the uninstaller works it removes Emby but leaves the registry key pointing to the uninstaller.exe that no longer exist.  So Emby remains in Apps and Features and fails do to file missing and Windows does not offer a delete do to file no longer existing.

This still happened while testing current beta.  Since others still see this I won't blame my "Insider Program" test machine.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53081-uninstall-emby-server-from-windows/?p=595733

Edited by Happy2Play

• 1 month later...
SScheidt

Ok right, so it is uninstalled but just still showing in the list. Thanks for the info.

Any fix for this yet, I'm getting the same error Post #11) when I try uninstall. Very annoying to see it in my Apps list.

• 1 year later...
daschmee12

This issue persists to this day.  I'm running May 2021 Update of Win 10 on a brand new laptop..  After uninstalling Emby Server initially using normal procedure in Add/Remove programs, I was finally able to get Emby Server to disappear from the Add/Remove Programs list in Win 10  by using IObit uninstaller(3rd party app free download).  When you install IObit make sure you Decline the additional software offers in the installer.  Its a free download, and you can remove it after you're done with it.  and what do you know IOBit DID find registry entries for Emby Server leftover by the uninstaller.  

• 1 year later...

Uninstall EMBY Server still leaving the apps and programs entry pointing to a non-existant unisnstall executable.

It's not bothering me as I'm about to reinstall anyway , after being unable to fix EMBY spuriously creating 640 odd duplicate libraries.  They persisted my trashing of library.db so now trying the with-extrem-prejudice method.