Uninstall Emby Server from Windows

David11917

David11917

I am trying to uninstall Emby Server from windows Server R12 r2 and it won't uninstall.   It has made every OS that I've installed it on unstable, reboot, freeze.   I need to get this off my system!

I'm getting the message:

The following feature couldn't be installed:

.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks

Hi, I've never seen that one before, but there is a different issue with the uninstaller that we have resolved for the next release of emby server.

Can we please look at the problem you are having though, because I'll bet we can help you resolve it. Thanks !

David11917

Which problem?   

Emby has not worked for me.   It has restarted my MacBookPro twice for no apparent reason.  And that's just being logged in via Chrome.   The server is installed on a Windows server and has had to be rebooted twice already (I installed this last night)  It's also prevented internet access from other computers until I shut down the server.  Once the server is off, I have internet access from my other devices.    This program appears to have many bugs that make it unusable for me.   I would like to get it off my server.  thanks for your help

Hi, we aren't able to offer release dates, but the easiest thing to do right now is just not start the application. Thanks.

• 7 months later...
petebocken

I cannot remove Emby Server from the Windows 10 Apps & Features (apps uninstall).  I shut down Emby, clicked Uninstall here and remove all traces in the uninstaller app.  However, the app still remains in the Apps & Features.  If I click uninstall again, I get this error.

5b34fd4aa09de_ScreenShot20180628at102114

5b34fd526b3ce_ScreenShot20180628at102120

Hi, that's strange. What you could try to do is install from the website on top of your existing install, and then try to uninstall after that. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
petebocken

I've tried that several times.  I've tried reinstalling, then uninstall from Windows Apps & Features (selecting remove all traces).  Uninstaller says Uninstalled.  I've also made sure to go into the Emby Dashboard and shut down first. 

Hi, that's strange. What you could try to do is install from the website on top of your existing install, and then try to uninstall after that. Thanks.

I've seen this happen in Windows back to XP.  The uninstall works but Windows doesn't clean up its internal database properly and leaves the entry in the programs section.

Can you confirm if the program was completely uninstalled?

petebocken

Yup, the uninstaller says it completes.  I don't see it under user appdata roaming.  Not in the start menu.

I've seen this happen in Windows back to XP.  The uninstall works but Windows doesn't clean up its internal database properly and leaves the entry in the programs section.

Can you confirm if the program was completely uninstalled?

@@Happy2Play, back on the original topic of uninstallation, if you have a chance to test this it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play, back on the original topic of uninstallation, if you have a chance to test this it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Emby uninstalls fine, but remains in Apps and Features as shown in post 11.

This was a uninstall of a current beta on Windows 10.

Happy2Play

The "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Emby Server" entry remains after the uninstall process

Edited by Happy2Play

petebocken

Tried this and it doesn't list the app as being installed.  If you select that it's not listed, it asks for a product code in curly brackets.

Running the Microsoft FixIt Tool would most likely fix this as well, without having to manually edit the registry. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Happy2Play

Looks like that fixit tool only looks at local machine not current user.

• 5 months later...
flyingblindonarocketcycle

Has there been any forward motion on this issue? I tried emby on a laptop and then decided to install it on a server in the basement.  now I can't get emby out of the apps list on my windows 10 laptop.