Emby WAN Playback on Roku

rett448

I am having issues streaming media from my Emby server to a Roku Stick (connected via wifi) and a Roku 2 XS (connected via ethernet) over the internet.  Both Rokus are at the same location and served by a 30 connection on comcast.  The Roku’s do not have playback issues with netflix/HBO Go/etc, so I don’t think this is related to the internet connection or local internet.  The emby server is configured on a Ubuntu server VM and has access to 4 cores and 4 GB of RAM and connected to a 25/6 connection via comcast.  

When I load up emby on the Roku’s I am able to browse through all of my media without a problem.  When I select something to play, the progress bar on the loading screen goes about ⅓ of the way across and then stops and hangs.  If I open the server dashboard I can see the file encoding and the counter indicates the file is playing.  However the Roku just continues to display the loading screen.  

I have attached the log files below.  I noticed issues similar to this have been reported on the forums but there didn’t appear to be a one size fits all solution.  I have tried deleting the VM and re-installing the emby server, but I still am having issues.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Emby Log.txt

FFMPEG Log 1.txt

FFMPEG Log 2.txt

FFMPEG Log 3.txt

Hi, have you tried reducing the in-app bitrate setting? Try setting it to something low such as 1 mbps, then as you succeed, gradually raise it until you encounter the problem again. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.