Newest Fire TV hardare - live TV freezes

Spames

I have the newest FireTV, as well as the previous FireTV.  The previous gen (much bigger box, built-in ethernet) works 100% perfect with liveTV.  This new one locks up unless I set a max bitrate of 20 MB.

I have the wired ethernet adapter for it.  Watched a movie last night and it seemed to playback just fine. 

Overall not impressed with the new FireTV, wish I could find another previous gen one and return this thing. 

Hi.  The Fire TV specs only say it will support 21Mb/s content and I do believe the new box is not quite as powerful as the old one.

If you set the app bitrate to "Auto" it should stay within the above spec.

This new one I have says..  "2160p, 1080p, and 720p up to 60 fps" --

When I'm looking at the server dashboard around the time of a freeze, it does show that the fps is usually well over 60, sometimes around 90?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N32NCPM/ref=asc_df_B01N32NCPM5271547/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B01N32NCPM&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198091640568&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15404174088409998064&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006595&hvtargid=pla-370055884305

It seems to be working OK today after we had a power failure. 

I have both Fire TV's on and they appear to be locked in at 60fps.

It seems to be working OK today after we had a power failure. 

I have both Fire TV's on and they appear to be locked in at 60fps.

That is a transcoding speed and not really related to the bitrate.  I think as long as you keep the device setting at 20 you will be fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Both of my FireTV's are now transcoding live TV.   I'm discovering that my server based on AMD A6-5400K Trinity Dual-Core 3.6 GHz Socket FM2 65W AD540KOKHJBOX Desktop APU can't handle it.

In the server overview, it's saying the container, audio, and video are unsupported as the reason for transcoding.  

I really thought these FireTV's were the way to go at first, but now I'm not so sure.  Would installing Kodi and using that instead of FireTV app be any better?

• 2 weeks later...