Mickey's Trailer

flowlee
Go to solution Solved by flowlee,

The classic cartoon Mickey's Trailer is not picked up during a library scan. The filename is "MickeysTrailer (1938).mp4" so I guess this has something to do with the word "trailer". The file also does not show up in the metadata manager.

Is there some way I can get the scraper to pick up the file or point the metadata manager to the file location?

Thank you!

Edited by flowlee

Thank you for your suggestion.

I changed the filename according to your post but it still doesn't get picked up...

Any ideas?

mastrmind11

Thank you for your suggestion.

I changed the filename according to your post but it still doesn't get picked up...

Any ideas?

manually identify the show

d00zah

What library type? I tested by adding to a 'Movie' library & it was identified correctly.

My movies are stored in the following structure:   

\\NAS\[sharename]\Movies\Mickey's Trailer (1938)\Mickey's Trailer (1938).mp4

The problem is that the file doesn't even get picked up at all, so there is nothing to identify. The file is not listed in the metadata manager.

My guess is that the word "trailer" somehow confuses the scraper and makes it think that this is a trailer for a different movie.

The library type is mixed, I'll try movie and report back.

Edited by flowlee

Even with library type set to movie the file is not being recognized. The only difference between my naming scheme and d00zah's seems to be the subfolder with the movie's name and I would rather not do that to keep my library consistent.

The only way I can figure out how to get around this is to insert a typo in the filename to let the file be scraped and then identify it manually. But that would not be a sensible or clean way to do it at all.

Does anyone know of a way to maybe point the scraper towards a specific file?

d00zah

According to the WIKI on movie naming, the folder is unnecessary.

I just downloaded the trailer from YouTube & dropped in one of my movie libraries with no folder & it was scanned into the library.

Do you have real time monitoring enabled for that library? Or did you perform a library scan after the new media was added?

post-10374-0-61908200-1510860977_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-65417100-1510860994_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-31886300-1510861016_thumb.jpg

I DID need to identify it manually once it was scanned in, which I interpret to be a side effect of not giving it its own folder, but supplying 'Mickey's Trailer' & '1938' in the appropriate identify fields got the correct results. Added it in a folder & it was automatically identfied.

Is the file playable? Possibly corrupt & ffprobe is unable to scan it?

Maybe @@Luke has some insight? I'm sure he'd want to see the server log covering when the media was added.

Edited by d00zah

Thank you for your replies!

My library is set up without any subfolders, and realtime monitoring is not disabled. I triggered a manual refresh after renaming.

The file, along with many others, is located in a folder named Cartoons and when I browse that folder in the web interface the item count is exactly off by one. The file isn't even in there so I can't identify it manually.

I checked the log and every other file from the folder is in there but there is no mention of the missing file at all. I did find this snippet though which seems to correspond to the file:

2017-11-16 13:45:35.620 Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: Mickey's
2017-11-16 13:45:35.620 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=Mickey%27s&language=en
2017-11-16 13:45:35.725 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&plot=full&r=json&y=1934&t=Mickey%27s&type=movie
2017-11-16 13:45:35.741 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/8XVEUm5NW4zRR10G524uUt0WqYe.jpg
2017-11-16 13:45:35.751 Info ProviderManager: Saving image to /config/metadata/library/00/0094b5e94eeb0daeba64608ec177096d/poster.jpg
2017-11-16 13:45:35.752 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/hL9P1pvWoNLdaC91Hlf22bQSYkQ.jpg
2017-11-16 13:45:35.765 Info ProviderManager: Saving image to /config/metadata/library/00/0094b5e94eeb0daeba64608ec177096d/backdrop.jpg

I also just checked, and the file is playable without any errors in Kodi and VLC.

Edited by flowlee

Guest asrequested

So it's being read as Mickey's. Have you tried removing it from the folder, selecting refresh, running a scan, and re-adding it?

Edited by Doofus

The strange thing is that there's nothing called just "Mickey's" in my library...

I just deleted the whole Cartoons folder from my library. Once the rescan is finished i'll add it all again, do a rescan and then report back.

@@Luke That's what i figured at first but according to d00zah it's working for him without any subfolder.

d00zah

"That's what i figured at first but according to d00zah it's working for him without any subfolder."

The difference could be that I placed the file in a top-level 'Movies' folder, rather than in a (in your case 'Cartoons') subfolder, which as Luke points out, may cause it to be treated as a trailer? So many possible layouts...

The strange thing is that there's nothing called just "Mickey's" in my library...

I just deleted the whole Cartoons folder from my library. Once the rescan is finished i'll add it all again, do a rescan and then report back.

@@Luke That's what i figured at first but according to d00zah it's working for him without any subfolder.

It probably will vary depending on what else is in the folder.

"That's what i figured at first but according to d00zah it's working for him without any subfolder."

The difference could be that I placed the file in a top-level 'Movies' folder, rather than in a (in your case 'Cartoons') subfolder, which as Luke points out, may cause it to be treated as a trailer? So many possible layouts...

The Cartoons folder is the top level of that particular library.

Anyway, after a full rescan there's still no sign of Mickey's Trailer.

@@Luke What exactly is the regex used while searching for trailers?

• 5 months later...
  • Solution
flowlee

I'm happy to report that the file is now picked up and displayed correctly  in the latest stable version of the server.

• Like 1