Emby Android Mobile - Make Music UI and app "car friendly" (multiple req)

attaboydave

attaboydave

Requesting a few possible Android Mobile UI and program tweaks to make it easier to control with one finger and with limited time to interact.

My process - mainly involving Album Artist and then Album to play or choose song:

-> Start separate "Keep Screen On" app so that timeouts don't occur and I have to unlock screen.

Requesting:

Built-in toggle feature to disable screen lock / sleep while Emby is running.

-> Start Emby, scroll right to reach Music, tap "Album Artists."

Requesting:

Probably old and duplicate request for default library views and sort orders so that Album Artist view would be active when Music Library is chosen.

-> Scroll through Album Artist list, possibly using A-Z index on right.

Requesting:

Ability to scroll up or left-arrow after A-Z index tap so I don't have to re-tap to show preceding entries starting with "L" instead of "M."  Also, update results on left in real-time, and / or pop up big letter on A-Z index touch similar to a contacts slider.  There's no feedback or interaction at all when using A-Z index at the moment, just tap and hope.

-> Select Album Artist - I am presented with a few albums.  Find and tap small "More" button because album I want is not listed.

Requesting:

"More" or "show all" by default.  Also, default album sort selectable by Year or Alphabetical, etc.  Or even the ability to sort albums by Year or Alpha in Artist view.  Maybe even an optional album line listing view of Album, year, length, tracks, comment.

General wish:

Stop button vs. Play / Pause?

Left swipe to go "back" a page, but maybe I could install some other Android program to accomplish this.  Gesture input would be great, though.  Swipe right to play, circle to stop, etc.

Anyway, think one finger and only a few seconds' interaction and most UI tweaks should follow from that - good feedback, large and responsive UI, easy discernment of clickable actions...

Thanks much - Emby has completely improved the way I use all my local media, and would love for it to be able to replace Amazon and Google music when on the go.  Community and developer ideas, improvements, and workarounds are always welcome regarding this topic.

Requesting:

Probably old and duplicate request for default library views and sort orders so that Album Artist view would be active when Music Library is chosen.

We'll add this, thanks.

FYI - If you're on Android 7.0+, and the music library is your first library, it should also be available as a shortcut. Just tap and hold the app icon from the android home screen.

• Like 2

Requesting:

"More" or "show all" by default. 

There have to at least be some limits, but I will increase them so that you encounter this less often.

• Like 1