GameBrowser Megadrive

Vidarr

Hello,

I actually installed the plugin and with a lot of work (he didn't want to put the play button on emby theater.).

When i press the play button it open the emulator but it's not loading the rom into it anyguys have idea ?

Well you need to research the required command line arguments for whatever external player program you wish to use.

You can google and/or open a community discussion topic. @@shaefurr knows these things pretty well.

I don't use any of the three. I don't have time to play sega genesis, too busy with emby features :)

We always have a time for a Dr Robotnik mean bean machine don't lie !
Anyway thanks i'll wait he help me i already googled it but without really good result for my case :/

shaefurr

We always have a time for a Dr Robotnik mean bean machine don't lie !

Anyway thanks i'll wait he help me i already googled it but without really good result for my case :/

Did you follow the guide from this post?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/16380-Gamebrowser-Guide

If you still need help I can setup gamebrowser on my system again and see what the problem is. I had all the consoles working just fine a while back.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

shaefurr

Yep doesn't work your tutorial (for Fusion atleast) it doesn't even show up in fullscreen

Ok I'll give it a go in the morning and see what's up

shaefurr

Thank you for your time : )

I have Kega Fusion working just fine with only {path} in the command line arguments.

Steps I took

• I installed Gambrowser and restarted the server
  • I added my root games folder to the emby librarys
  • I added Sega Genesis to my gamebrowser plugin settings with the path to my genesis games folder using {path} as the command argument
  • I added the external player to emby theater

Issues I ran into

• Setting up an external player in emby theater would not show a list of game platforms, I had to manually change the display mode to Desktop, setup the external players, then set it back to TV/Auto
  • I had no play button on any genesis games, I had to go into the genesis games folder, then into the game folder, and edit the game.xml, it was listed the <GameSystem> as SegaGenesis instead of Sega Senesis. Once it had a space it worked fine after a refresh.

So your games launch the emulator they just wont open the roms?

Are you trying to launch games on the same PC the server is running on? If not are you using UNC paths?

I haven't tried it yet on a different PC than the server, but ill check into that and see if thats the issue.

shaefurr

Also, are your genesis games .gen files or zip files? I know fusion has issues with zip files if there's any weird stuff in the zip besides the game, might want to try unzipping a game to see if that fixes the issue.

@@shaefurr the server is on my nas on the same network but the final point is to be able to use it everywhere.

"I added Sega Genesis to my gamebrowser plugin settings with the path to my genesis games folder using {path} as the command argument"

Where did you put that in emby theater or in gamebrowser because i can not put argument in gamebrowser i can just chose the platform and the path to my folder.

I use .zip files since Emby only recognize .zip if i put the initial format of the rom he doesn't recognize anything.

"If not are you using UNC paths?"

What do you mean ?

Again thank you for your time :).
Edited by Vidarr

shaefurr

@@shaefurr the server is on my nas on the same network but the final point is to be able to use it everywhere.

"I added Sega Genesis to my gamebrowser plugin settings with the path to my genesis games folder using {path} as the command argument"

Where did you put that in emby theater or in gamebrowser because i can not put argument in gamebrowser i can just chose the platform and the path to my folder.

I use .zip files since Emby only recognize .zip if i put the initial format of the rom he doesn't recognize anything.

"If not are you using UNC paths?"

What do you mean ?

Again thank you for your time :).

Ok, so this is what I mean, UNC path = network path

Instead of using say D:\emby games you would use the network path, so in my case \\FURY10\emby games, doing it this way gives any devices direct access to the ROMs.

Here are UNC paths to set up the media library

5a0b0b6f9d1f0_screen2.jpg

5a0b0b7a72e31_screen3.jpg

And here are UNC paths to setup the game systems

5a0b0b8b3d837_screen4.jpg

5a0b0b938b62b_screen5.jpg

And to add the command line argument, you do that in Emby Theater, add an external player, change the media type to Game, choose the game system type, add the location of the emulator, then {path} for the command line argument like ive shown below.

5a0b0be8e9244_screen1.jpg

I'm going to test it from another PC here in a few minutes, so I will let you know how that goes. Some emulator just won't work when fed network paths, but I can't remember which ones.

shaefurr

Ok, so I tested it on another PC on the network, if you use local paths the emulator opens but the game doesn't load, if you use UNC paths it works fine.

So just go through your setup and make the changes Ive shown in post #18 to the library, and gamebrowser plugin, run a library scan and you should be good.

If you need help setting up UNC paths, the link was in the gamebrowser tutorial I made, but ill link it here as well. https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/703-how-to-make-unc-folder-shares/

Edited by shaefurr

I have a QNAP Nas and it's not really clear how to put a UNC path.

I'm probably retarded but i can't manage to find it or put it that way.

shaefurr

I have a QNAP Nas and it's not really clear how to put a UNC path.

I'm probably retarded but i can't manage to find it or put it that way.

I've never used a NAS lol, anyway on another pc can you browse the network to your games folder on the NAS? That's the path you need. Tons of people on here use a Nas I'm sure someone else could provide some input. I'll browse the forums when I get home and see who we can ask.

The windows path doesn't work i tryed that :<.
I tryed a ton of different stuff i'm wondering if it would not be better to do a samba share and put everything in

shaefurr

The windows path doesn't work i tryed that :<.

I tryed a ton of different stuff i'm wondering if it would not be better to do a samba share and put everything in

yeah that might work, I haven't done a samba share in forever, but it just makes a share thats accessible over the network right? so it should work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Kega Fusion working just fine with only {path} in the command line arguments.

Steps I took

• I installed Gambrowser and restarted the server
  • I added my root games folder to the emby librarys
  • I added Sega Genesis to my gamebrowser plugin settings with the path to my genesis games folder using {path} as the command argument
  • I added the external player to emby theater

Issues I ran into

• Setting up an external player in emby theater would not show a list of game platforms, I had to manually change the display mode to Desktop, setup the external players, then set it back to TV/Auto
  • I had no play button on any genesis games, I had to go into the genesis games folder, then into the game folder, and edit the game.xml, it was listed the <GameSystem> as SegaGenesis instead of Sega Senesis. Once it had a space it worked fine after a refresh.

So your games launch the emulator they just wont open the roms?

Are you trying to launch games on the same PC the server is running on? If not are you using UNC paths?

I haven't tried it yet on a different PC than the server, but ill check into that and see if thats the issue.

I'm struggling with this...

I added the plug-in to the server, and setup two systems and pointed them at the UNC path (root) of each game system. Metadata works A-OK (beautiful!!). 

Emby for WMC classic - I added the xml file.

Browsing to the library, I see the thumbnail for the root, but when I go into the library, I see "No Items"

Okay - so let's try Emby Theatre...

External Plug-ins dropdown does not show anything for Games. I see you mentioned changing display to Desktop. I tried that, and still see no Systems to select from. 

I'm two inches closer - help me bridge the gap, please