Live TV not working at all.

dbuttric
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

dbuttric

I purchased an Emby subscription so that I can test the HDHomerun tuner.

I have a scheduled direct subscription.

I set everything up, but when I click the refresh guide data button, I get the attached error.

what do I need to do to fix this?

I had a snippet of the log in emby tuner error.txt

but thenn I read that is discouraged, so here is the whole log file in embylog.txt

Thank you.

David

emby tuner error.txt

embylog.txt

Edited by dbuttric

maegibbons

Looking at your logs it is having a problem getting the lineup from your unit using the online api.

I would re-setup your hdhomerun and enter the IP manually rather than autodetecting.

Krs

Mark

dbuttric

No change after entering HD Homerun IP/Not Autodetecting.

Attached are latest logs.

This is running on a Synology Diskstation DS414, if that matters...

I find the entries around the NullReference exception to be most interesting, has me thinking that I'm missing a library or something...

EmbyLog.txt

Edited by dbuttric

The problem is with the hdhomerun api that we're using. put this url in a browser and see what it returns:

http://ipv4-api.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=PHflC4H7yg5OGhQLd9f%2Bzf6X

There was one other user who reported this a few months ago and they ended up solving it with Silicon Dust tech support. Hang on, let me see if i can find that topic.

dbuttric

Thanks alot! That worked.

The key here is that the HDHomerun has to report its channels into silicondust's web app, then emby reaches out to that.

I didn't have the channel list populated at SiliconDust, so things were not working.

David

Thanks for the feedback. 

Just to clarify for other users, these steps are only needed for older HD Homerun models that don't have the dlna features that the newer ones have.

Thanks alot! That worked.

The key here is that the HDHomerun has to report its channels into silicondust's web app, then emby reaches out to that.

I didn't have the channel list populated at SiliconDust, so things were not working.

David

Glad it's working for you! 

I figured I would pipe in that the newer HD HomeRuns (I have an "Extend" which is now one generation back actually) tend to give significantly less pixelation than the prior generation (I also have a Dual, but don't use it for recordings for this reason). If you encounter random, unexplained pixelation issues, despite apparent good signal, I recommend upgrading to their latest hardware.