Installation download fails

quixotic33
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

quixotic33

Well I did write a post asking why I can't download and install Emby by using the Setup.exe or by downloading the zip files direct from github server. For some reason my post ended up blank??? Anyway how do I install this program the installer hangs for 8 hours whille it attempts to download the server. I have tried 20 times now to download the zip file directly from Github and each time it fails after half an hour and only 8mb downloaded. I think there is something wrong with the github servers...can anyone tell me how to install this program by downloading from an alternate location?

quixotic33

There is something wrong with your forum even though I am typing a response it is not posting it. 

The fie you linked is the first thing I tried. It downloads the installer then that installer starts to download the actual server this is where the installation stops after 8 hours there was no progress. I have tried downloading and intsallling on another machine and have the same problem. The server disconnects me before I can download 10% of the file. 

Why does the server installer need to download, why not have one installer or a way to install offline? IS there any where I can download the actual server installation files?

CBers

There is something wrong with your forum even though I am typing a response it is not posting it.

@@Abobader? This isn't the first person to mention this.

The fie you linked is the first thing I tried. It downloads the installer then that installer starts to download the actual server this is where the installation stops after 8 hours there was no progress. I have tried downloading and intsallling on another machine and have the same problem. The server disconnects me before I can download 10% of the file.

Why does the server installer need to download, why not have one installer or a way to install offline? IS there any where I can download the actual server installation files?

Perhaps @@Luke or @@ebr can help.

• Like 1

quixotic33

Yes as you can see I am having issues with this forum. Second attempt now at the same post

Here are screen shots showing that nothing is happening with the installer, showing how long it is taking to dowload directly, and how the process stays running after I have cancelled the installation. This is happening on 2 windows 10 computers with the latest updates. 

5a082c8ac0236_installfail.png

5a082c352eb6d_Capture.png

5a082c1031a54_installerprocess.png

Good day,

It not our forum issue, it a user related browsing matters that casing this with 2 members so far.

My best

• Like 1

• Solution

That's interesting. It downloads from GitHub. What you can do is try the portable instructions that are on the download page. Thanks.

• Like 1

quixotic33

That's interesting. It downloads from GitHub. What you can do is try the portable instructions that are on the download page. Thanks.

badracoon3

I've been trying off and on for the last several days and having the same issue with the Windows installer. For some reason when I try and download the portable x64 version the DL keeps failing so that hasn't worked for me either. Was wanting to check this out to compair it with Plex. Experience so far isn't shining a great light on Emby when I can't even install it.

dethknite

I've been trying off and on for the last several days and having the same issue with the Windows installer. For some reason when I try and download the portable x64 version the DL keeps failing so that hasn't worked for me either. Was wanting to check this out to compair it with Plex. Experience so far isn't shining a great light on Emby when I can't even install it.

I am a Plex Gold member... I setup Emby back about 3-4 years ago to test drive it vs Plex... never did go back to Plex.  Got a dusty old Gold pass sitting around unused.  Emby was light years ahead in tagging and parental controls, and also had a few other shining features.  Give it a shot and don't be shy to ask the community... they are all helpful and nice.  Also, donate to the project if you like it to help it grow.

badracoon3

Ok. The x64 portable download finally worked. Had to connect to a VPN and then it would download fully. Attempted installer with VPN but it still hung just saying it was downloading and nothing happened for 10 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

\

yes posted yesterday about that also had to hit space when typing couldn't space, until going to browser and clicking in search etc.

Are you on windows 10 by any chance seems all the reports I seen on crashing were more than I ever seen in all.

All the people with no issues seem to be on non-Windows 10

@@Luke

Now I came home to portable after fully setting up a day and a half freshly redone folder structure worked since last post everything in library is gone not a error in my log no one has breached my PC whaat is happening LOL ???

My folders have same permissions as always just watched it 3hrs before work this morning like my SQL db just wiped itself in memory and it is only Emby with issues...

Cannot scan

Cannot Restore Backup

All emby folders are gone

Only thing left is blank "COLLECTIONS" Folder

This is a before and after Fresh Installation on 2 different versions of Windows 10 x64 also.......

As I first said started out of no where and first issue I have had on

Started on

Windows 10 x64 Creators Update

I'm currently on (Fresh Installed - Secure SSD Wipe)

Windows 10 x64 Fall Creators Update

With Emby being only thing not working right 2 installations one huge chance first thing I do is check system integrity on a reinstall because I reinstall every major update that's just windows for ya

Edited by tyr_88

• 1 month later...
jsrivard

Just like to chime in that I am having the same problem as quixotic33.  My emby server download stalls, the progress bar does not move.  I'm trying to do the manual upgrade from .36 to .60.  I can download the portable version but how do I install this on top of a prior version so that settings and everything else is retained.

Edit:  Finally got it to intall via the standard windows installer.  It seems to have been some problem with my 5G wifi band.  I switched to the 2.4G band and the install went fine.  Very strange.

Edited by jsrivard