Odroid XU4 frequent crashes

johnvick

johnvick

Hi,

I have been using Emby-server for months and it has been very stable until recently. My OS is DietPi and Emby was installed through the DietPi menus. My media files are mostly on a QNAP TS-412 on NFS shares on the LAN. I use Emby mainly as a database for several Kodi setups on Windows 10, Ordoid C2, and Android tablet. I also use the IOS app. It is setup to play the files directly from the NFS shares.

Recently there have been frequent crashes most often when scanning the library files but also at random. I have uninstalled and reinstalled - no difference. I always use the latest version currently 3.2.36.0. Mono is kept up to date.

I've not been able to work this out. I set another Emby-server up on the same LAN on a BananaPi again using DietPi - this has been stable for several days - I haven't played many media files but it has done several library scans and no crashes at all. 

So the problem is specific to the XU4 - which works fine for everything else I use it for.  

I have attached a log and will be grateful for any help fixing this.

John

Emby log.txt

Hi, I notice you're running mono 5.4. Our max supported version is 4.8.1. That's probably the reason for your issues.

• Like 1

@@johnvick I'm on the same boat. Running also on xu4 and DietPi and had same problems from time to time. Can you explain how you downgrade mono?

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Glad to hear you're back up and running. As you may have noticed we've moved the x64 builds away from mono and onto .net core. In the coming weeks we hope to do the same for arm, and then installation should be much easier. Thanks.