Madvr interfering with MBT

robert l

robert l

I been using MBT for awhile now and all of a sudden when Madvr is running I lose the ability to use the mouse or remote.  It's always worked and I don't know anything I did to change it.  I've removed and reinstalled MBT and Madvr.

It still works fine with MPC-HC. I've read the posts saying MBT isn't fully working right with some Madvr features but its always worked for me. Now, after the video starts playing the mouse or remote cursor disappears and cannot even close MBT or bring the bar at the bottom up. If not in full screen the mouse cursor is on the desktop and disappears when moved to MBT.  I've tried all kinds of settings on Madvr also. 

Before, it would kind of do the same thing but backwards from the way it is now. When I use to bring Madvr settings up the cursor would disappear behind that menu but would still work if clicking in the right spot. Now the cursor stays on top of the Madvr settings menu but not the MBT screen.

Maybe I'm forgetting something simple and wondering if someone knows what might cause this.

Thanks

robert l

I still haven't figured it out but not much time so far to try. After a movie starts playing and the info clears the mouse cursor won't show up and it don't matter if full screen or not.  I did see tonight that a few buttons on the remote get a response. Sometimes pressing play over an over will, chapter skip seems to always work and stop. So if I can get it back on when pressing play then FF will work until it disappears again. Also can get the mouse cursor back if the info will stay up long enough. 

Appears to be one of those odd irritating problems that just happens for no reason. The only thing I know for sure is Madvr has something to do with it. Since I might use FF quite often cannot really use MBT much again until I can get everything working.

pagali

^My point is that it is not the fault of MadVR that it doesn't work properly with MBT. It works beautifully with other players. So, yeah, if you can't get it to work right... either disable it within MBT's internal player, or do what I'm doing... use an external player for now that DOES work properly with MadVR. If I have to give up MBT's player or MadVR, it's no contest in my mind... MadVR stays. :D

Ghostm

I have noticed this to.

Just curious though you said you had madvr working fine in mbt prior, you actually have it working smoothly? I seen some people say it works fine with smooth motion, but myself and others dont like using it, im just curious what your graphics card is and how you had it working smoothly.

Mine works fine outside mbt and using mpc-hc.

pagali

I'm using the latest release of MadVR with ZoomPlayer and with MPC-HC... and I see no problems there, so maybe you could test similarly? If it works for you with other players, then perhaps the problem is the well-known issue of MBT not playing well with MadVR? also try disabling MadVR within MBT and see how it goes. You don't HAVE to use it, after all.

robert l

Well, to answer the question if I have it working in the past, yes its always worked since I moved over to MBT from regular Media Browser with MPC-HC.  I don't remember how long but it was very close to when MBT 3 was available.  Its always worked fine with Madvr for me until 2 days ago. I didn't do anything special, just checked the box.  The Madvr settings were already there from using it with MPC-HC.

I have a Gigabyte GTX-460 super over clock graphics card. The mother board has a i5 processor. I have smooth motion checked on Madvr and didn't have any problems. 

I already said MBT works now without Madvr. Course it actually does work if I just want to start the movie and not have hardly any control while playing it. But I want to use Madvr and have control.  I'm curious if there been a update to MBT anytime lately?  Something had to trigger this problem.

lolwut

I can confirm this, Mouse not responding while playing a video if madvr enabled,

only way to bring the overlay is to use keyboard, say press space to pause, after that you can control back the mouse.

Turn the madvr down, and you get the overlay pop up when you touch the mouse.

BTW This is a recent issue, I guess, because madvr was always enabled for me, and I am getting this lately, after updating my MBT (which I was not updating for a while, pushed all together)

robert l

So, is there a way to go back to a older version? I can't seem to find one unless I'm searching the wrong way.

• 2 weeks later...
Ghostm

Hate to bump this thread but also still noticing this issue. 

I would probably just quit madvr, but theirs no internal refresh rate switching unfortunately right now so madvr is the only option. Hopefully an internal refresh rate switch might be added in the future, outside of having to rely on madvr.

Is the madvr guy still around? 

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

I should also add if the mouse issue gets corrected with madvr, i would likely just purchase a 100 dollar card for my htpc and use madvr to refresh rate switch and be done with it (maybe the easiest solution). But I often pull out my mouse and keyboard and during playback but now since this problem was introduced sometime between feburary and march where the mouse can disappear and wont bring up the playback bar like the regular player does, it has made it unusable at the moment. 

pagali

How many ways do you need to have it explained that MadVR doesn't have that problem with ANY OTHER PLAYER! Therefore, how can you keep saying it's MadVR's fault?

But MadVR isn't the only solution. It sounds like your best solution would be to use MPC-HC as an external player, then either use its own built-in refresh rate switching, or use it with MadVR (which has no problem with that player) You need to accept that... for now... there is no other way to have refresh rate switching with MBT's player.

Edited by pagali

Ghostm

How many ways do you need to have it explained that MadVR doesn't have that problem with ANY OTHER PLAYER! Therefore, how can you keep saying it's MadVR's fault?

But MadVR isn't the only solution. It sounds like your best solution would be to use MPC-HC as an external player, then either use its own built-in refresh rate switching, or use it with MadVR (which has no problem with that player) You need to accept that... for now... there is no other way to have refresh rate switching with MBT's player.

Please dont respond to this thread if its of no use to you, we very well understand its an issue with mbt thats why were posting in the mbt forum! I dont know how you cant understand this, nobody is directly blaming madvr here. If i was i would be on doom9 or msg'ing madashi.

We realize other solutions exist but i am not interested in using external players, as they are not a nice solution, i loose mbt features (such as chapter image timelines during playback and playback controls from mb3 apps and the web client) and external players imo are ugly solutions and have caused issues for me in the past, not everyone wants to use external players as a solution.If you do thats fine, enjoy it. 

Their is nothing to accept its a new error that did not occur before with mbt as previous posters mentioned. Some of us hope it can be fixed and were asking the mbt team to see if they can correct it and put it back to normal. Thats why people post here, to discuss errors that are still occurring. For now i am simply doing without refresh rate switching, but thats my business and irrelevant to the problem at hand. I was also asking or bumping the thread to see if anyone else who previously responded was still having this issue.

Beyond that I was simply making a suggestion for internal refresh rate switching for the future (MBT might not even be an alpha project yet), many players have this as a standard feature (xbmc, plex theater, media portal) its just something some of us would like to see added in the future as its very important to any player that is currently missing. When the mbt team gets time im sure they may be interested in adding this feature down the road. For now madvr is a solution for many of us (and I like madvr as well for upscaling) but this mouse issue is brand new and was introduced recently and did not occur previously. Otherwise madvr playback is completely fine....This is the only issue i am currently finding with it. Were just asking if an error introduced recently using a mouse and madvr can be corrected and put back to the way it was (thats why robert asked if he can rollback to an older version). But this was all explained to you previously by other posters already. Thats not being unreasonable and everyone understands its a mbt issue, thats why were on the mbt forum reporting this problem. This is where you discuss errors and problems with alpha software. 

Now please stay out of this thread if you have nothing to contribute with regards to the issue at hand or if you dislike my suggestion.... your not on the mbt team so i dont know why your even responding to me. If you enjoy external player solutions then enjoy mpc-hc/zoomplayer ect...and  your setup. 

And by the way if the comment "madvr guy" somehow confused you, it is not referring to madashi the creator of madvr but the guy on the mbt team working on getting it integrated in mbt. That would be babgvant who luke mentioned above.

Edited by Ghostm

A8HTPC

space bar brings up the player bar and mouse for a short time.

I can still use MBT fine. I just need to hit the space bar a time or two. Annoying but doesn't prevent me from using MBT. I continue to use MadVr for refresh rate switching since it works so well.

Edited by A8HTPC

Ghostm

space bar brings up the player bar and mouse for a short time.

I can still use MBT fine. I just need to hit the space bar a time or two. Annoying but doesn't prevent me from using MBT. I continue to use MadVr for refresh rate switching since it works so well.

Thanks for the info (another reason why i bumped this thread, now i can use it somewhat!), i tried that a few times and it does work, but at one point the player control area became unresponsive and the mouse disappeared. 

I hope it wouldnt be to difficult to fix since its a minor issue and as you mentioned a bit annoying (since it never happened before).  But i dont know if the guy who worked on integrating madvr is still around even. I sent him a message just asking if he could look at it when he gets free time but he has not been seen since February on here. Really the extent of the issue is small with mbt and madvr, the osd playback controls are not appearing when you use a mouse and occasionally my mouse pointer disappears so hopefully its not a difficult issue to be fixed. 

Edited by Ghostm

He's around. It's just that he only works on the video player and as a result he's often blocked waiting for core changes.

Ghostm

Good news, he replied to me today, he mentioned this mouse issue is overloading of the system and its not being done by him, and to submit it as a bug. I think that means the other members of the team might have to look into. It does make sense cause when i do see the mouse its very shaky/laggy now with madvr enabled. 

A8HTPC

So it might be how MBT is implementing MadVr along side of other filters? My MadVr is doing next to nothing. I don't have it do much of anything besides switch refresh rates

Ghostm

Ya im not really sure what this would indicate maybe someone such as luke or shaun would know.

Really if i can get this mouse issue sorted everything will be pretty good for me with madvr. I played with mbt and madvr on my desktop ati 5770 card last night and i received no dropped frames, so im going to upgrade my card as my solution (although he did request info on my weak A10 gpu i sent him so he can look into it) and once thats done outside this mouse issue i shouldnt have any issue with madvr and MBT. 

robert l

So, it appears its strictly a MBT problem from some update recently. I had no big problems at the beginning using Madvr so not sure why it would be that hard to fix it. I assume lots of people would want to use Madvr and going back to the old media browser with MPC-HC is not a fix. I have to do that a lot depending on what I'm watching but rather use MBT. 

I guess there is no way to go back to a older version of MBT. I can kind of deal with the mouse issue by itself most of the time but when the remote don't work, its even harder to use. Bringing the controls back up by pressing space or other buttons only slightly helps. I use Madvr for quite a few reasons and on a front projector I can tell a difference, that's my opinion anyway.

• Like 1

A8HTPC

Ya im not really sure what this would indicate maybe someone such as luke or shaun would know.

Really if i can get this mouse issue sorted everything will be pretty good for me with madvr. I played with mbt and madvr on my desktop ati 5770 card last night and i received no dropped frames, so im going to upgrade my card as my solution (although he did request info on my weak A10 gpu i sent him so he can look into it) and once thats done outside this mouse issue i shouldnt have any issue with madvr and MBT. 

Since your TV doesn't support 24p, is there anything your are benefiting from with MadVr? Maybe just disable madvr

Ghostm

My tv does support 24fps and most useful refresh rates (25, 50, 60, 23.967, ect...) my desktop monitor does not however which is just a testing system since its more powerful then my htpc. 

MBT runs on my main htpc connected to my tv which is the system i use.

Then when i play around with settings i play on my desktop install of mbt to rule out weak hardware from htpc, and to ensure its not a weak cpu/gpu causing issues for me. I also dont like tweaking and messing and playing with settings on my main htpc system as it has always resulted in headaches. 

Edited by Ghostm