nVidia Shield TV (2017) and Live TV Questions

FunkadelicRelic

FunkadelicRelic

Morning all.

Just had a couple of questions (probably just me being fairly new to Emby) around Live TV on the Shield TV (2017) and HDHomeRun Connect in the UK.

I have my tuner configured and playing nicely with Emby. I have configured the XMLTV data source and it grabs the correct listings and the guide shows up. Is this supposed to grab the channel logos though as I am not seeing any? If not, is there a way to grab the logos? I am running the official Emby docker container on Ubuntu Server.

Also, is there a way to show the channel names in the guide on the Shield? In the Android TV app on the Shield, if I go to Guide, all I see is the channel number listed, so for instance for BBC One, I'll just see 1. For ITV, I'll just see 3 etc.

Regards.

Tom.

Hi.  The logos are a part of the guide data so they either need to come from there or you need to supply them via the server editing features.

We'll look at getting the channel name displayed when there is no logo.

• Like 1

FunkadelicRelic

Hi. The logos are a part of the guide data so they either need to come from there or you need to supply them via the server editing features.

We'll look at getting the channel name displayed when there is no logo.

Awesome thanks! Out of interest, do you know of any free UK EPG providers that work with Emby? If not, might try out Schedules Direct.

FunkadelicRelic

I recommend Schedules Direct.

Thanks.

Just subscribed to the 7 day trial. Looks good. Images are there automatically!

Thanks again for the help!