Inconsistent behavior with casting interface

xilex

Hi all, a few inconsistent UI behavior I notice when using the iOS app and not sure if it is intended or not. Assume I have connected to a device for casting (Emby Theater, to be specific). I am on 1.4.4. Maybe I should participate in the beta iOS app.

1. If I go into something like Movies and click on the icon to start playing a movie, it will play on Emby Theater, but the lower UI for pause/play does not appear unless I do a drag down; then it will slide into place.

2. The pause icon in the lower UI does not change between play/pause state, but the on-screen Emby Theater will change appropriately. I think this is also an issue on the full playback panel.

3. If you click on the area in the lower UI between the logo and the pause button, but happen to click on the title of the movie in the lower UI, it takes you to the information screen about the movie itself and at the same time it quits the currently playing movie on Emby Theater and takes you to the info page, also. I think the understood behavior is that clicking anywhere in the lower UI would take you to the full controls panel. If you click on the movie icon in the app (left side of the lower UI panel), then it takes you to the page with the full playback controls. If the app was in horizontal view, you can click where the movie title is not occupying space and that will open up playback panel.

#1 and #3 are resolved for the next app update. #2 I'm not able to reproduce but will continue to test, thanks.

• Like 1