Emby crashing and causing heavy load afterwards

neik

Hi guys,

I set up an Emby server which usually is working flawlessly.

Unfortunately, from time to time there is a problem showing up which causes Emby to crash and cause a heavy load on the server after crashing (load goes from 0.30 -> 3,xx). Whenever this happens I am no longer able to access Emby and it doesn't matter how I try to access it (remote via https or via ssh tunnel).

When this happens stopping Emby via "service emby-server stop" takes quite a while until it actually stops the server. A simple restart of Emby usually does not solve the problem, whenever I try to access it after the restart it just hangs itself up and causes again a lot of load on the server.

You'll find attached a log and as you can see from the server start until the server crashes just takes about 2 minutes. I just started the server and tried to play one file via SPMC on a FTV-Stick.

Any hint is welcome, thanks!

server-63645477189.txt

Hello Luke,

should have been more precise on that point.

On my FTVS is SPMC + EmbyCon (don't know if that is an official app) running.

However, this also happens using Emby's WebUI and ​not​ only when I'm trying to play a file but also when I'm just clicking through the settings.

Anyway, I will try it with the UWP for Win10M and the official App for Android as well and report back!

Edited by neik

my emby also crash, here are logs: https://pastebin.com/HgbhkM1s

I use client: kodi emby addon

Hi, this is only a log snippet so I'm not sure what to make of it. Please update to the latest version of emby server. Then if the issue persists, please attach the complete emby server log. thanks.

adam.niescierowicz

Hi, this is only a log snippet so I'm not sure what to make of it. Please update to the latest version of emby server. Then if the issue persists, please attach the complete emby server log. thanks.

I use 3.2.34.0. There is no newer version in deb.

@@Luke, nevermind about my report. It was not Emby's fault, it was something on the harddrive that did not work as it should.

Problem is solved and from my part this can be closed.

Nevertheless, I want to thank you for the great support! :-)