2.2.3 issues on Samsung 2011 series

Dalle

Hi guys,

I updated the app on my Samsung TV from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 and I'm no longer able to see anything on my homescreen, there is just titles for TV and Movies but the rest is blank.

I saw that the community app will no longer be updated, but can this be fixed before it is abandoned?

Thanks!

FrostByte

V2.x wasn't tested for your series tv, even 2.2.2 should have been really slow because 2011 tvs hub weren't designed to display the high resolution images (backdrops, posters, etc) which later tvs hub can display.  

Anyhow, v106 was the last version tested with the 2011 emulator for D-series sets

Please see the release notes:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31461-emby-for-samsung-release-notes-tizen-orsay/

Emby has been working perfectly for me until 2.2.3 actually, is there a way to go back to the previous release then, as I'm being automatically redirected to the latest version when entering the developer login info and IP-adress of your server?

And yeah, it's a "Smart TV" from 2011, everything is slow :)

Edited by Dalle

FrostByte

Unfortunately, I deleted my copy of 2.2.2 last week.  All I have on my webserver is 1.0.6 and 2.2.3.  Maybe @cmcg or @SamES has a copy of 222 still. 

If nothing else you can load 106 which was designed for D-series and get back working

Hey,

I'm sorry guys but it seems I've made a typo mistake, I have a Samsung TV from 2012 (Samsung PS64E8005), so I guess that the 2.2.3 version and homescreen should still be supported/working for my TV?

Again I'm sorry...

FrostByte

Looks like maybe a 64" 2012 plasma from the model. 

The problem is that unless someone else wants to take a stab at it the app is no longer being developed by cmcg (though he does pop in once in awhile so you could PM him if you want to see if he can take a look.)

Another option is that RafaG posted a link to the zip file for 2.2.2.  You would have to host it from your own IP though

Edited by FrostByte