Automatically Starting Emby upon Boot

Robert X. Gonzalez
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Robert X. Gonzalez

Team,

Forgive this dumb question, but where in Emby does one configure to Auto start upon boot.  My system currently is set that way (to start upon boot), but I no longer can find where that setting is located.  I had to load a 2nd system as a backup due to issues with first system and cannot find it anywhere.  KB was also search. thanks!

• Solution
Happy2Play

It is located in Dashboard-Settings?  If you don't see it then What server version number are you on?

• Like 1

Robert X. Gonzalez

duh................. I see it now............... been there and just did not see it.  gee.... time to get new specs!  thanks!

Use Windows Task Scheduler and create a scheduled task to run 'EmbyServer.exe' upon system startup.  Add in the properties for the program to run whether the user is logged in or not.  I ran Plex and now Emby this way for years and it seems to run nicely.  I don't have a taskbar icon using this method and you have to disable "Run server at startup' in the "Settings" menu.  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Use Windows Task Scheduler and create a scheduled task to run 'EmbyServer.exe' upon system startup.  Add in the properties for the program to run whether the user is logged in or not.  I ran Plex and now Emby this way for years and it seems to run nicely.  I don't have a taskbar icon using this method and you have to disable "Run server at startup' in the "Settings" menu.  

This is what I was looking for! Thanks!

I don't know why I always forget about the task scheduler. :)

The reason this is the correct answer for me and not the one marked is because the conventional solution requires the user to log into Windows. I was looking for the benefits of running as a service without the drawback in terms of lost functionality within the app (Restart, AutoUpdate, etc.).

Thanks so much!

Happy2Play

This is what I was looking for! Thanks!

I don't know why I always forget about the task scheduler. :)

The reason this is the correct answer for me and not the one marked is because the conventional solution requires the user to log into Windows. I was looking for the benefits of running as a service without the drawback in terms of lost functionality within the app (Restart, AutoUpdate, etc.).

Thanks so much!

Or you could do this.

Running Emby Server as a Windows Service