Request - Music / Videos

skidmarks

skidmarks

Can you please think about getting these added in an upcoming release?

Music Video  Plex is way ahead in how it deals with music videos.

Random Play All (shuffle i dont know 20 or so videos?)

View By Folder (already there) WITH an A - Z choice somewhere on the screen.  Scrolling thru 4000 folders to get where you're going takes patience and time.

Possibly (more of a server side thing i am guessing) add meta for at least the artists from the folder name?  Would be the same thing you do for music folders already!

Speed up the category?  Choosing Music Videos in Roku takes at least 2 (usually 3 to 4) time outs (returns 0 results / think around 30 seconds each time) before it will load the library.  Granted i have a substantial library.  On the server it never fails and results load within 10 seconds. (Plex also within seconds)

Music 

Random Play All (shuffle).  Not the same as the shuffle that is there.  Make it easy to get to under options possibly?

Make "Artist" tag primary and "Album Artist" tag secondary.  "Album Artist" tag, in most correct libraries, is where Various Artists would be the tag for a mixed artist album.  So having "Album Artist" as the primary tag makes the display show Various Artist and the Song title.

Great Plex feature, but not so important...  If you select an artist in music it will not only show the artist and the albums / music in the library it also shows the artists music videos.  All in one place.  Cool feature but not needed as long as we can get the music video section updated.  Again this would probably be on the server side of things.

At some point i am hoping to get rid of plex, but still waiting and hoping that some of these items will work into emby / roku.

Thanks....

skidmarks

Hey ebr, My mind and words are definitely a struggle for me, so i cant imagine how difficult it actually is for people trying to decode my blabber!

Mistake made on my part...  Went to take pictures to help explain and all is good with the tags you used to display various artist albums!

• 4 months later...

Any changes in the ability to shuffle videos?  

Thanks....

The beta version should allow you to hit the play button at a folder or library level.

• 2 weeks later...
skidmarks

Thanks ebr / Luke!  Upgraded server to 3.3.1.6 beta and added my music video folder to the server for testing.  First thing I noticed was the load times for this library is much faster!  Usually timed out numerous times before it would finally load.  Very responsive now.  

Problem for me has been, and think it still is, that in the Roku there is still no way to shuffle play.  Think the * button could incorporate this function nicely.  Also a selection option alphabetically # - Z would be beneficial.  

Thanks guys for your response...  

Edited by skidmarks

The next beta of the Roku app will allow you to shuffle play all the music videos by hitting the play button on the remote when focused on the music video library.

• Like 1