Playon plugin

jachin99

jachin99

I've paid for and setup both playing server and the playing emby plugin. I can see all of my channels but when I select a channel like Netflix for instance, I get a message saying no items in list. How can I start troubleshooting this

jachin99

Within the top level menus in playon I'm not getting any icons. To be more specific, in the categories view, I.E. kids, popular, etc. I don't see any icons for EMC or EXB1. Is this because of a bug or because playon doesn't broadcast these logos for other programs to use. If its the latter then could I somehow add my own logos for emby to use within either playon or some folder within windows.

• 1 month later...

Within the top level menus in playon I'm not getting any icons. To be more specific, in the categories view, I.E. kids, popular, etc. I don't see any icons for EMC or EXB1. Is this because of a bug or because playon doesn't broadcast these logos for other programs to use. If its the latter then could I somehow add my own logos for emby to use within either playon or some folder within windows.

I have the same problem as jachin99.  The Playon plugin works but I have no icons anywhere when I open the plugin.  I can use the Playon app in Windows 10 and see icons and content but inside of Emby Playon shows no content.  I can click on the area where the icons would be and it does change categories, its just that I can't tell which categories I am clicking on.  It has to be some graphics setting somewhere but I don't know where to look inside of Emby.  Any help would be appreciated.  This happens whether I'm using the Win 10 Emby app (which I assume is just running Edge browser under the skin) or Google Chrome browser client directly to the Emby Server.  At least with Chrome browser I can see the names of the categories but still no graphic icons.  Win 10 Emby app shows neither. 

• 2 weeks later...
Kramerika

I can't find the Playon plugin at all. I'm looking in Settings > Plugins > Catalog and it isn't listed there.

Ditto.  I bought it over a year ago, and it does not show up in "My Plugins" or "Catalog".  What happened to it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
jfgilliam

I have PlayOn and I would love to see some screen shots of the plugin in action. I want to get a feel for the user experience before purchasing. Currently I have one of my libraries pointing at the PlayOn recording folder. Therefore, I use Emby as my player for all the PlauOn content. Please show how this would enhance this experience. 

I have PlayOn and I would love to see some screen shots of the plugin in action. I want to get a feel for the user experience before purchasing. Currently I have one of my libraries pointing at the PlayOn recording folder. Therefore, I use Emby as my player for all the PlauOn content. Please show how this would enhance this experience. 

The Plugin allows one to view the channels that are already in PlayOn live, rather than merely the recordings. It does, however, have a clunky interface with the icons at very low resolution (using the mobile API I think) and can be a little sluggish if you have a lot of channels in PlayOn as it has to load them all from the internet each time one loads the Plugin in Emby. Due to this I do use the Plugin but rather sparingly.

Hope this helps.

5bb0ca4772fb8_PlayOn1.jpg

Edited by Sammy

jfgilliam

Thanks for the picture. This looks like the same list I see from the iPhone client. But, I don't see "All". Is that because you scrolled it up off your screen?

A side question, I want to watch On Demand from other web sites through Emby. I see that I can do this via the PlayOn Channels, but is there another way that you know of?