No DTS sound for this particular movie

Pirlo1966

Pirlo1966

Are you using hardware acceleration?  If so, try without and report back.

Is there a setting for hardware acceleration in the android TV app? Cannot check right now but cannot recall having seen such an option.

Pirlo1966

Can your setup handle Dolby Digital okay?

Yes it can. The same movie plays flawlessly with external player kodi or spmc.

mastrmind11

Is there a setting for hardware acceleration in the android TV app? Cannot check right now but cannot recall having seen such an option.

The setting is server side.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pirlo1966

The setting is server side.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Found it. Hardware accelaration was already set to 'none'.

Edited by Pirlo1966

Well, it isn't playing the DTS track.  It is getting converted probably to 2-channel AAC.

So, something is failing with ffmpeg converting it to DD or something is failing with your system rendering that audio.

What happens if you use the playback correction in the app?

Pirlo1966

Playback correction did nothing. That audio is rendered on my system without problems with kodi.

Playback correction did nothing. 

Did nothing?  Meaning nothing happened when you selected that option?  It didn't re-start the stream?

Pirlo1966

Sorry, yes it did restart the stream but nothing was different and there was still no sound.

Okay, try it a second time to see if anything changes.  Then, after you've done that, please post all the ffmpeg logs that were generated.  Thanks.

Here you are

Those logs were created by repeatedly selecting "Playback Correction..." and "Yes" in the same playback session?

Pirlo1966

Probably. Is what you asked for, not?

If I misunderstood let me know what you meant.

Probably...?

Did you start the item, confirm no audio and then select "Playback Correction...." and then "yes" wait for it to re-start, confirm no audio and then select "Playback Correction..." again a couple more times?

After a couple of times, it should have stopped playback altogether and told you there were too many errors.

Is that what you did and what happened?

Pirlo1966

From memory (am an old man): started the movie > no sound > pushed playback corrrection > selected yes > stream restarted > still no sound > pushed playback correction > selected yes > stream restarted > still no sound and I thnik I did it even a third time. No errors but also no sound :-)

Okay, thanks.  It should have progressively tried with less and less capabilities but it doesn't appear to have done that.  I'll take a look.