GameBrowser not allowing me to select console

Bails

hello, media browser seemed to have an issue updating, after checking the forums i was able to resolve this by redownloading the installer. now its not asking me to reboot for the update all the time, but if i try to set a console up as an external player for gamebrowser, it wont let me go through the optoins and select the console. any idea how to fix this? ones that are already setup seem to work fine.

so i have reinstalled eveyrthing, go to set them up fresh and it now says "please select yoru game system" even tho genesis is selected, will not let me play. really needing some help here. my entire setup is useless now.

Redshirt

what client are you using? Where are you seeing this issue?

When trying ot SETUP the emulaters. Everything was fine until the update. After the update it kept telling me over and over again to restart it, i ended up downloading the setups again and reinstalling, this fixed this endlessly wanting to update issue.

After this i went ot edit some settings on Gens, after doing so it would no longer let me luanch genesis games.

After reinstalling everything, i now have NO external players setup, when i try to add it, i can go to it, i can put in the directory and set it up, it even shows "Genesis" in the console section, but you cannot click the arrows to switch between consoles, and even if the one you want is there it says "PLEASE SELECT GAME CONSOLE" then will not allow you to luanch any of the games.

so ive uninstalled everything again, fully, and reinstalled, still no result, still does not work.

only other thing i can think of that i can do on my end without some sort of assistance from somebody who knows is re-format, and i feel like that would be a bit of a overkill.

Redshirt

I'm seeing the same thing. Just give me time to look into it :P

This is the error I get, i really need some assitance there is literally zero information aside from on this forum on this program and i seem to be the only person in exsitance with this problem. EDIT: just read your post, i'll check back later, thanks.

53151517ecf28_errror.png

Edited by Bails

Redshirt

@@Luke. Has something changed with MBT and games? I'm not able to select different systems, nevermind the second issue in the image above. The SystemSummeries api endpoint does have a list of gamesystems when I test using swagger on both my dev and production servers.

Edited by Redshirt

Any idea how long? i was building this whole thing as a suprise for my brothers birthday but if its not going to be working by then i may just see if there is a similar program i can use. thanks.

• Like 1

A8HTPC

Ya I haven't been able to select any game systems. None are listed yet im 90% sure I have the server side set correctly. 

c0m3r

Done the update and refreshed the root game folder but still unable to add any of the game systems. The list is now blank. Any ideas?

Redshirt

I tested this morning and it worked. I refreshed each console individually though because I wasnt sure if the root item would refresh all children.

Redshirt

This has been fixed. Thanks @@Luke. The build will be available for the next public server release for those that aren't running beta server versions.

i pushed it against the current server release so tehy'll get it now. it requires refreshes of games from the server's editing area

Redshirt

That's the root game folder guys, not the individual games.

c0m3r

Still wouldnt install and was having various other issues with gamebrowser. However, uninstalling and re-installing the server plugin fixed all of these. Thanks

njoak

I am still getting the "Please select game system" error when trying to add an external player in MBT (Dolphin, for Wii games). The player is accepted and added anyway, but there is no play button when browsing the games.

To be precise I had this working for quite a while but it broke in an update somewhere along the way.

I am confused - was this fixed or was the fix in the Gamebrowser server plugin update that was withdrawn? I tried refreshing the folders as instructed in this thread (I assume it means removing them from library and plugin and then adding them again?), but no dice.

Redshirt

So just to make sure. The Gamebrowser update was to 2.9.5184?

njoak

I'm afraid I don't know which update broke this - or if it was a plugin, server or MBT update that did it. I don't game that frequently and noticed this just a couple days ago.

Edit: I suppose I am not sure an update was the cause - I just wanted to point out that it did work at one point.

But the withdrawn update I was referring to was 2.9.5184, yes.  Then pretty much nothing worked (there is another thread on that). The problem I describe above remained on 2.9.5165 which I reverted to and am on now.

Edited by njoak