Music folders and images from IBN/artists

PBzeer

PBzeer

My music collection is in a folder labeled music, which then contains folders by artist name, many with multiple albums. While I get the album art when I go to the individual album, I've yet to find a way to populate the artist name folders with an image, unless I manually upload it. I've looked everywhere on the server to enable using IBN/artists, but have found nothing to help. My people images work in movies and videos, but I can't seem to find a way to point the server to the IBN/artists folder for my parent folder.

Is this just not possible, or am I missing something?

If it is structured how you say, we should recognize those as Music Artists and fetch any information we can find automatically - if you enable that fetching in the metadata settings.

If you go into the web client and view by Artist, do they show up?

PBzeer

Yes, they show up in the Artists tab. That's not the problem (or annoyance, however you want to look at it.

Music/

Artist Name (no image)/

Album (image) (single or multiple albums)/

Songs

When I open MBC, then click on Music, all I see are folders without images, until I click on the folder, where I then see the Album image/s.

For my Classical music (a separate media folder), I simply made my own images, which works fine. Unfortuantely, my Music folder is over ten times larger (folder wise) and I really don't want to have to find all the art or create it ... unless I have to.

PBzeer

Okay, hopefully this works for a visual:

When I click on the Music folder, I get this (Images were manually placed)

tumblr_n1x1zryD8w1tukluyo1_1280.jpg

Then, when I click on the artist, whether with or without image, I get this:

tumblr_n1x20b497z1tukluyo1_1280.jpg

And this:

tumblr_n1x21yPj7y1tukluyo1_1280.jpg

It seems like the first screen should be filled by logos (when available) or a pic of the artist.

Koleckai Silvestri

Album images are usually stored within the MP3 container. For artists, I had to manually download a lot of the thumbnails and background images. The sources just aren't as reliable as they are for movies and television.

For one thing that is the old classic theme which has limited options and is not going to be added to much anymore.  You might try Chocolate.

If you want a backdrop on those artist folder views, you'll need to have backdrops for the artists and use a theme/view that supports them.

BATTLE DONKEY

If the artist image shows up in the web client then it should also show up in MBClassic automatically. Have u tried refreshing the artist image in MBClassic by going to the artist and pressing the record button on ur remote control, or Ctrl + R on the keyboard?

PBzeer

Same thing with Chocolate, and yes, I've refreshed. (I'm working on some custom backdrops)

It's not a big deal, as I can do it manually and I have the time to do it.

Thanks for the suggestions.