live TV suddenly stopped playing

xilex

My OTA TV signal isn't the best, so sometimes it will cut out because the digital signal is bad enough there isn't enough data to construct an image.

So let's say I open a live TV channel and start watching. Once this glitch/corruption happens in Emby (web app), the live TV will revert and start playing at the time when I first started viewing, and I would have to manually seek back to the current "live" timepoint (or quit and open the channel again).

I'm not sure the exact time TV viewing started (for the ffmpeg logs), but it looks like after the TV cut out, it restarted a new ffmpeg txt file based on the times.

livetv-jumpback-on-glitch.zip

I was watching live TV on iOS app and the stream suddenly stopped playing. It didn't restart on its own and eventually the screen dimmed due to inactivity. I checked the tuner status and they were all freed up. The iOS app was not frozen because I could go back to the guide and view another/same channel. Attached a log to see if you can see what happened. Thanks.

livetv-pause-crash.zip

Adding another set of logs. This time it occurred in the web app and it'll "crash" and then go back to when I first starting watching. I noticed it'll keep looping the same clip over and over (from start watching time until "crash" time).

livetv-crash.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, due to all of the layers involved with plugins it's hard to tell what area might need improvement. For example, we don't really know how sensitive those other layers are to loss of signal.

We are working on native happauge support that won't require any plugins and I think your experience will be quite a bit better once we deliver that. Thanks.

Cool, thanks. I know from looking at the logs folder when there was a bad signal one time, ffmpeg starts spazzing out and generates a bunch of log files. Attached a log in case you're curious. Looking forward to Hauppauge integration.

Do you think the HDHomerun devices handle this better (signal corruption, loss of signal)? No idea if any other users here have these issues.

livetv-ffmpeg.zip

I don't think it is so much the brand name but rather you will get a better experience if you can take advantage of our native support.