Curious about ffmpeg on emby server 3.2.34.0 on debian stretch

tdiguy

I have not found an option in this to use a custom compiled ffmpeg, is there such a thing in this build?

I am also curious if emby does any sort of probing or detection for ffmpeg to see what encoders and decoders are enabled?

Mostly wondering if i can play around with custom compiled versions of ffmpeg to optimize emby.

Yes we do probe them.

When a package supplies it's own ffmpeg build, the configuration is hidden, so that's why you can't change the build.

I see that explains why i dont see it. Knowing i was going to need ffmpeg i installed that before emby.

I will have to poke around with this a bit and see just what emby ends up doing with different configuration options.

Thank you!

I am confident that at some point it will make sense to and enable people to toy around with the settings a bit. I get it though right now the aim is a smooth running easy to install piece of software. Maybe later a more "advanced user / hobbyist" release will come that will give people more options on custom ffmpeg usage and such. 

I feel one of the big advantages emby has along with actual support for live tv is flexability and being able to run well on much lesser hardware. For me emby is running well on this intel atom computer thats so old it doesn't support the intel quicksyn hardware acceleration.