Aztec v1.0.5.0 is now live

leedavies

leedavies

When will we see an update that fixes the lag issue with Aztec?

Where are you experiencing lag?

jespermart

#20 tells it all, my delay is not 30 seconds but only about 5-10 seconds, but I  do also use Breeze instead of Aztec and ROC are not useable for the moment in Poster view where horizontal or vertical scrolling goes directly to View configurator instead of scrolling

leedavies

To the folks seeing some lag in Aztec, are you using wired or wireless network connections?

My home uses wired connections between my HTPC and hub/router/switch and also wired for my Xbox 360.  A few days ago, I switched the HTPC over to wireless for a little while and Aztec performance plummeted - the performance between Media Browser Classic and the Media Browser server drops considerably on a wireless connection in my tests.

If you're using wireless connections and Aztec is feeling slow, try using a wired connection and see how you fare.

jespermart

To the folks seeing some lag in Aztec, are you using wired or wireless network connections?

My home uses wired connections between my HTPC and hub/router/switch and also wired for my Xbox 360.  A few days ago, I switched the HTPC over to wireless for a little while and Aztec performance plummeted - the performance between Media Browser Classic and the Media Browser server drops considerably on a wireless connection in my tests.

If you're using wireless connections and Aztec is feeling slow, try using a wired connection and see how you fare.

I'm using wired connection on a HTPC with the following spec. Core i5-4440S, Intel 80Gb SSD and 8Gb of Ram and I experience lag with Aztec in the range of 5-10 sec. everytime I'm going from one library to another, when I open a Bd rip and also when starting to play. Also when i press backspace to go back from a library. The delay or lag makes it useless to me.

I have bought all your themes and besides Breeze no one is  functional without problems, for the moment Roc and Crystal don't scroll vertically or horizontally in Poster view, but goes directly to the view configurator and Aztec have tremendous lag which makes it useless to me.

It's really a pity, because i like your themes very much, so i'm looking forward for some fixes.

Edited by jespermart

wraslor

Likewise I see some lag and delay on mine (not as bad as others but more than should be).  Wired network as well i5 3500, 8gb ram, gtx 660, ssd.

politby

I am also on wired gigabit LAN. 2 systems showing the same problem, one is i5-3470/gtx650ti, other one Celeron 1007U/HD2500.

Judging from the fact this seems to occur on a wide variety of platforms, and not at all on others, it's probably not a hardware performance issue. Must be some other common factor.

What are you folks running in the background that might affect Aztec?

I keep my system pretty clean. The only non-Microsoft stuff I have in the background is SVP, Unified Remote, and AutoHotkey. No updaters, third party antivirus, nothing like that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by politby

jespermart

What are you folks running in the background that might affect Aztec?

Nothing at all except Windows 8.1 with WMC

politby

Maybe, but if a GTX650ti is not enough to run Aztec while Crystal and ROC run smooth as butter, something isn't right.

greemlin

I also have the same issue with a core i5 as well. Amd graphical card less than one year old, and 16go ram.

politby

On my systems, as soon as Aztec is active, CPU utilization goes to 100%, most of the load is ehexthost.exe. Pretty impressive, flooring an i5-3470 like that. :)

So this is clearly a CPU issue, not graphics, as my CPU is not doing any graphics rendering.

• 4 weeks later...
phonk

Hi,

I found some issues with Aztec and ThemeVideo Backdrops:

1. after selecting a movie the trailer starts but I only here the audio the background is the backdrop image. On Choclate or Subdued I see the videooutput

2. On TV Shows this problem appears sometimes, If I entering the Tv Show, videobackdrop starts but backdrop image is shown. But if I go into a season the corrently playing backdropvideo is shown.

3. Some backdropvideos got overdriven sound.

Futhermore I have two HTPC with same cpu the ony diference is the GPU.

On the nvidia System it works OK, on my AMD Radeon System Aztec is sluggish and the backdropvideos doesn't run smooth.

You are not the only one having issues with one of the themes of Lee, there are multiple topics about it... :unsure: