Halloween theme on tv

jellowe

francisuk1989

Just got my updae today, There is no dark overlay over the display anymore however unticking the seasonal still dosnt work...Tried rebooting server and app but still having this isssue.

hugepedlar

I can't even begin to fathom why someone thought it'd be a great idea to force me to listen to some stupid carnival music every time I launch the Emby Theater app now. Unable to turn off the halloween theme in the settings (my changes are not saved), and I can't even watch my videos because it's too dark. I did not pay $120 expecting this nonsense.

I can't even begin to fathom why someone thought it'd be a great idea to force me to listen to some stupid carnival music every time I launch the Emby Theater app now. Unable to turn off the halloween theme in the settings (my changes are not saved), and I can't even watch my videos because it's too dark. I did not pay $120 expecting this nonsense.

Hi, if you're running the Theater desktop app, try restarting the app. The gray layer was resolved several days ago and the settings should stick. If you're running the store app, make sure you're on the latest update that went out earlier today. Thanks !

hugepedlar

Hi, if you're running the Theater desktop app, try restarting the app. The gray layer was resolved several days ago and the settings should stick. If you're running the store app, make sure you're on the latest update that went out earlier today. Thanks !

The latest version available to me is 1.1.171.0 which still won't save my settings.

I've reinstalled several times, and haven't been able to get the app to save my settings and get rid of the theme (1.1.171.0). I've pretty much given up on the ET windows app at this stage since the offline downloading doesn't work right either (the desktop ET version doesn't have offline downloading that I need).

I suspect that the reason only some of us experience the issue is because of windows permissions to the file system, but I know that app store apps have their own way of dealing with that.

I discovered an issue affecting certain environments. There is a 172 update on the way out to resolve, thanks guys.

• Like 1

daniel.bmyer

Just wanted to say I love the Halloween theme.  It was quite a shock.  At first I have no idea what was going on with my ET.  I actually closed it cause I thought something was going on in the background lol.

Very spooky!

:)

I discovered an issue affecting certain environments. There is a 172 update on the way out to resolve, thanks guys.

@@Luke,

did you change anything here that would affect offline downloads? While watching videos was always an issue for me offline, the process of actually downloading worked perfectly. Since this update, I'm able to set an item to download, and emby converts the file and queues it up, but doesn't sync.

In the logs it looks like emby thinks there are no items to sink, but they are clearly labeled "ready to transfer" on the download and sync tab. 

Edited by gold1