Preserve Original Video gone?

jasonmcroy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jasonmcroy

I was doing some searching on this because I noticed my CPU usage when recording a show went way up from what is usual and in my search I noticed that the "Preserve Original Video" setting is no longer showing up on the Live TV Settings page. Is this on purpose?

post-106-0-71352400-1509051631_thumb.png

jasonmcroy

That would be a workable solution if you want to keep everything "in house".

The way I did it before (and what I am setting up again now) was to use MCEBuddy (only works for Windows) to watch the recording folder. I would then have it convert  (just remuxing to mkv container so as to keep the video and audio as it is) and rename for the structure that I prefer and move it to my TV Shows folder where all my recordings end up.

Maybe it could be set up internally to do the same thing you are currently doing on the fly but make it an option for post processing like you have now the option of someone setting up their own post processing script now. But instead of someone having to set it up externally they just select the option from the Live TV settings page.

To be honest, using MCEBuddy is really overkill for what I use it for since I don't do any commercial cutting.