Voice Search

Muchanagel

Muchanagel

Hi,

I've noticed that voice search does not work on the Nvidia Shield TV. I wondered if anybody else has encountered this problem.

Thanks

CBers

Hi,

I've noticed that voice search does not work on the Nvidia Shield TV. I wondered if anybody else has encountered this problem.

Thanks

It's a known issue that @@ebr confirmed.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51287-shield-experience-upgrade-60/page-1&do=findComment&comment=497041

It seems the latest Shield update, that added Google Assistant, broke the voice search in the Emby ATV app.

Yes, this is very unfortunate as the new Google Assistant now commandeers all voice input.  It appears we can no longer do simple voice dictation into the search field.  Hopefully, they will publish a method to do this again and we can adjust.

Muchanagel

When I try to use it nothing happens but a short noise. I wonder if the devs can have Emby show up in general Google assistant queries as a source? For instance I tell Google Assistant "The Dark Knight" and Emby show up as available like Vudu and HBO go.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
AmericanCrisis

I saw that there is a way to get Google Assistant to work with the beta version of Kodi.  I wonder if there is a way to get it to work with Emby app?  Also, I hope the stable version of Kodi will allow it to search the Emby plugin.

I saw that there is a way to get Google Assistant to work with the beta version of Kodi.  I wonder if there is a way to get it to work with Emby app?  Also, I hope the stable version of Kodi will allow it to search the Emby plugin.

Yes, there is a way but it is rather complex and designed more for web-based video services than something like Emby.  We will get to it eventually in some form or another.

• 3 weeks later...

Voice search still works in Plex and the app is searchable too.  I'm only stating this because I really like emby but thinking of switching to Plex because I use voice search a lot.

• 10 months later...

Voice search still works in Plex and the app is searchable too.  I'm only stating this because I really like emby but thinking of switching to Plex because I use voice search a lot.

Same here. I've been considering getting myself a lifetime license, but the missing voice search functionality makes the decision pretty hard.

Has there been any development on this topic in the last 11 months?

I just found this and it doesn't look to hard to re-implement the search functionality.

https://developer.android.com/training/tv/discovery/in-app-search

An alternative would be to add emby content to the Google Assistant results (even outside the app):

https://developer.android.com/training/tv/discovery/searchable

Edited by erSch