No sound when switching to 24p.

Lag1791

randomevents

There was some whining when it was higher, so damned either way. It's one of those options that wouldn't hurt to have it as a user variable. I think it was mentioned that projectors are the real fringe case with high switch delays (personal experience).

ShoutingMan

The current pause happens after playback starts. It’s to prevent missing the beginning while video sync happens. It should be user definable, if even through MPV.conf.

That doesn’t address the audio loss sync bug some of us struggle with. That could use the delay *before* any playback begins. Completely after refresh rate is switched, playback would start.

Edited by ShoutingMan

randomevents

Pause should be configurable through MPV.conf (I'll test that when I finish your thing today). While it would be possible to do change the Refresh rate beforehand, there's all sorts of complications because of trailers and\or the usage of the third party player (mpv) and the way playlists are set up for that.

Thinking about the pause length, I wonder if I missed something and it's possible for Windows to test when the refresh was done at the monitor and not just the device. That would eliminate the need for the variable at all.

• Like 1

ShoutingMan

Another option should be to re-assert the audio after the pause. For example, PowerDVD is not affected by the driver quirk, last I checked. Similarly, if I change audio tracks after audio loss (from this particular issue), audio resumes. 

Personally: I'm dealing with this by disabling Windows updates and using the last good Intel Driver I have. (I've also been trying to get Intel's engineering attention on this so they can be aware and maybe fix it.)

I'm much more concerned about restoring Chapter Skip and audio-track labels, and the remaining little bug or two with refresh rate switching :)

I would be nice to have a workaround for this issue, but it's not top of my wishlist.