Live TV

Lamista

Ok..I have started my Premier membership, I have a HDhomerun Prime, Emby detects it, plays a channel..(although it froze after a couple minutes on the xbox one) but no guide, I tried installing next PVR..restarted emby services..I see the app installed, but nothing else..

You need schedules direct subscription for the tv guide or some alternative xmltv feed. I wouldn't complicate it by installing nextpvr if emby can see the tuner. 

I'll try that, I have issues with live TV freezing on Xbox 1..it happens after 2 minutes..I have to kill the app to make it work again..but it freezes everytime

What about when you play live tv on the web client or any other client. Do you have the latest hdhomerun firmware installed.

I have been using zap2xml for the past month or so with good success.

http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

Getting TV Guide data seems to work for me.  I have my PC setup to grab updated data every day around 5am.

OK..I setup an account..but no clue how to get this to work, I read a couple forums, about using connect or cron, at this point I am lost in the woods..I get it that I have to manually set this up..but there seems to be no guide on how to...I tried a couple things with the xml..downloaded that perl for windows..noting seems to work

Just updated hdhomerun with latest firmware..Xbox emby still locks up after bout 2 minutes, hdhome run app runs fine..

@@Lamista have you installed the xbox one fall creators update yet?

Thanks Luke.. But think I'm going to just stop trying..I just tested the rokus as well and they suffer from major buffering issues..and everything in my house is hardwired..thos issue coupled with the guide being messy to sort out, just to mamy issues out of the gate. To bad, it looked promising...I may try it out again once more bugs are more ironed out.

maegibbons

Just use schedules direct for guide data. Takes 5 mins to setup. Any help required. Just ask.

Krs

Mark

Well, just seems like there are issues with streaming so far that have to be worked on..if it was just the xbox I could let it slide and work on the issues...but now I see the rokus having problems and as I mentioned I know its not a network problem because everything is hardwired, and I have streamed 2 xbox and 2 rokus from plex at 1080p native from the server in the past with no issues, on emby the roku was buffering with only it by itself running..

If you have a way to setup the guide then I will try it, the info I see in the forums say what you need, I registered at a site but still not very clear what to do from that point, I am guessing you need some sort of app to download a xml file to the comp and point emby their..but cant find that app. 

I will let you know emby live tv looked to stream fairly well from my note 8..but playing on my phone was the bottom of my list..

Maybe I jumped the gun, your community is responsive and helpful..I may just be a tad tired from constantly running into roadblocks (issues) with a premier service out of the box..and no real docs on what to do..I,ll go ahead and submit the info for the streaming issue, and if someone has a a more concise tv guide setup I will see if I can get that to work as well..

Thanks again

This is how I would trouble shoot First thing is on the pc running Emby server fire up live TV using edge and see do you have issues, try a recording if that works then try over WiFi if that doesn't work check antivirus firewall. 

From above post you say it is only from streaming did you try a recording of tv does that stream properly.

Post your log remove private info maybe there is something in there that will shed a light why it is not working for you.

We are helpful community here.

Edited by denz

If you are trying to avoid paying $26/yr to use a "free" xml guide source, then it may be slightly messy to setup.  However, with Schedules Direct, it is really quite simple and works very well.

BAlGaInTl

Schedules Direct has a free trial (1 week I think) as well if you want to give it a try.

The steps are pretty simple.

1. Sign up for a schedules direct trial and set up your guide on their site.

2. On the Emby server, go to Live TV settings and set Schedules Direct as your provider and enter your credentials from step 1.

3. Refresh the guide data and map the channels.

I've never had a problem with Emby automatically mapping the channels, but you may need to manually map some if it can't figure it out.