Emby on OnePlus 5 (Android 7.1.1) not playing or downloading

pgalbavy

pgalbavy

I have installed 2.9.62 from the Play Store (tried the beta channel, same release?) on my OnePlus 5 running 7.1.1 (updated yesterday)

Playback is started but nothing appears. Stats for nerds is just the "x" for close. The server dashboard shows playing and the URL in the Android log works for downloading the transcoded file.

Using an external player (MX Player) *or* Emby for Android TV both work (the latter being unusable for real world on my screen though).

The other thing that doesn't work is Sync/Downloads. I have a couple of films for testing lines up saying "Ready for donwload" but no auto or manual option to do so. I am on WiFi at work, media at home.

Log with edits of things that looked private attached.

EDIT: It just started downloading now, all by itself. Seems to be no rhyme or reason.

2b4ee44b-92bc-4ec8-9d39-88d25e52e1ba.log

Edited by pgalbavy

pgalbavy

I will repeat the test and attach timestamp matching logs later. (I work in software support and get misaligned logs often, so this is a pet hate).

pgalbavy

Got a bunch of logs; I can't find an FAQ - what, if anything, should I opaque before posting logs publicly? I don't care about my own domain or e-mail per se, but session IDs etc.?

pgalbavy

Hmm. As per my other seemingly unrelated thread - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51998-hw-transcode-stuttering-i7-7500u-ubuntu-1704/ - this problem has been solved by the upgrade to Ubuntu 17.10 and the i965 drivers / ffmpeg update. As per there, the emby shipped ffmpeg bombed out on h/w transcode but the system one seemed to ignore bitrate limits.

Now updated and the Android mobile app is working fine. I guess I should have also tried s/w transcode here before reporting the problem.

Sorry!