No guide data

Nathanio

Latchmor

Hi

i have had the 5000 thing before.  Cannot remmber what fixed it. but try the following in order.

1. Update HDHR firmware.

2. Retune HDHR-  Check channel numbers directly on the device

3. Delete and re-setup HDHR tuner in Emby

Krs

Mark

Yeah I didn't have time to check earlier but I'm doing that now. I knew there was new firmware but hadn't updated yet. I'll report back soon.

Cheers

It's a defect in the .net core WinHttpHandler. See the comment about OS versions prior to 8.1:

https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/blob/472b8d8ec212c2afb107dea305b4624c4989a79f/src/System.Net.Http.WinHttpHandler/src/System/Net/Http/WinHttpHandler.cs#L1061

The Accept-Encoding header doesn't get applied pre-windows 8.1, and when the header is missing, schedules direct gets mad.

I think internally at Microsoft, Windows 7 has become that old thing that nobody wants to touch, and these kinds of little defects will only keep happening. It is the same feeling for us everytime someone reports an issue with the web app in Internet Explorer, or Android on like a 4.4 device.

Latchmor

It's a defect in the .net core WinHttpHandler. See the comment about OS versions prior to 8.1:

https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/blob/472b8d8ec212c2afb107dea305b4624c4989a79f/src/System.Net.Http.WinHttpHandler/src/System/Net/Http/WinHttpHandler.cs#L1061

The Accept-Encoding header doesn't get applied pre-windows 8.1, and when the header is missing, schedules direct gets mad.

I think internally at Microsoft, Windows 7 has become that old thing that nobody wants to touch, and these kinds of little defects will only keep happening. It is the same feeling for us everytime someone reports an issue with the web app in Internet Explorer, or Android on like a 4.4 device.

Ok. So for the new .net core version of the server, how long is that likely to support Win 7? I'm switching to .net core very soon as I'm doing a brand new install.

Cheers

As long as MS supports it. But i think they are supporting it reluctantly, because there's just enough people staying behind on old OS's to force them to do it.

Latchmor

As long as MS supports it. But i think they are supporting it reluctantly, because there's just enough people staying behind on old OS's to force them to do it.

Ok, thanks Luke.

francisuk1989

I was going to suggest something that half works for me as the channels listings are not always updated but for most of the channels the EPG works fine or maybe something for a backup?

Guide Providers > Xml and choice one thats best for you.

http://www.xmltv.co.uk/feeds

Edit
i forgot to menion the feeds number at the end will download a XML format but no logos though

Edited by francisuk1989

maegibbons

Ok, thanks Luke.

The point is it is only going to get worse.  Best to switch to a desktop OS like Windows 10 that you can keep up to date for years to come.

Krs

Mark